My research is focused on (a) culturally responsive leadership, pedagogy, and teacher development, (b) the disproportionate representation of African American learners in Special Education, (c) culturally responsive family and community engagement, and (d) the exploration of academic achievement and sociopolitical contexts impacting African American girls.
- Ed.D. in Special Education, Illinois State University - (Normal, Illinois, United States) 1994
- M.A. in Behavior Disorders, Northeastern Illinois University - (Chicago, Illinois, United States) 1984
- B.A. in Theatre, Knox College - (Galesburg, Illinois, United States) 1975
- Natesan, P., Webb-Hasan, G. C., Carter, N. P., & Walter, P (2011). Validity of the cultural awareness and beliefs inventory of urban teachers: A parallel mixed methods study. International Journal of Multiple Research Approaches. 5(2), 238-253.
- Neal, L., McCray, A. D., & Webb-Johnson, G. (2009). Teachers' Reactions to African American Students' Movement Styles. 36(3), 168-174.
- Neal, L., McCray, A. D., Webb-Johnson, G., & Bridgest, S. T (2009). The Effects of African American Movement Styles on Teachers' Perceptions and Reactions. The Journal of Special Education. 37(1), 49-57.
- Webb-Johnson, G., Artiles, A. J., Trent, S. C., Jackson, C. W., & Velox, A (1998). The Status of Research on Multicultural Education in Teacher Education and Special Education Problems, Pitfalls, and Promises. Remedial and Special Education. 19(1), 7-15.
- Rodriguez, Reyes Isaac (2016-08). A Triple Quandary in Creating a Sense of Belonging as English Language Learners Experience Transitions: The Perceptions of Bilingual Teachers at Four Elementary Campuses in the Rio Grande Valley. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Fletcher, Stephanie A (2015-12). Opening the "Black Box": Nonresidential African American Fathers on Black Men's Educational Outcomes: During the Period of Three Federal Policy. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Abney, Angela (2014-12). From Pain to Peace: An African American Woman Finding Voice in Black Womanist Theology. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Rhodes-Monette, Kimberly (2014-12). An Analysis of Four Implementation Levels for the Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) on Selected Aggregated High School Student Performance Outcomes. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Jones, Marcus Gee (2014-05). Case Study of Rural High School Math Teachers of African American Students. (Doctoral Dissertation)