Dr. Downing's research focuses on intersections between violence, trauma, substance use, and health outcomes.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Nursing, University of Iowa - (Iowa City, Iowa, United States) 2010
- Cert. in Forensic Nursing, University of Colorado Colorado Springs - (Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States) 2007
- M.S. in Nursing, University of Iowa - (Iowa City, Iowa, United States) 2007
- B.S. in Nursing, University of Iowa - (Iowa City, Iowa, United States) 1998
- Miles, L. W., Knox, E., Downing, N., & Valentine, J. L. (2022). Ability to consent to a sexual assault medical forensic examination in adult patients with serious mental illness. Journal of Forensic and Legal Medicine. 85, 102285-102285.
- Downing, N. R., Bogue, R. J., Terrill, P., & Tucker, S. (2021). Development and Test of a Text-Messaging Follow-Up Program After Sexual Assault.. Violence Against Women. 27(11), 10778012211014567-2128.
- Downing, N. R., Adams, M., & Bogue, R. J. (2020). Factors Associated With Law Enforcement Reporting in Patients Presenting for Medical Forensic Examinations.. J Interpers Violence. 886260520948518-088626052094851.
- Downing, N. R., Goodnight, S., Chae, S., Perlmutter, J. S., McCormack, M., Hahn, E., Barton, S. K., & Carlozzi, N (2018). Factors Associated With End-of-Life Planning in Huntington Disease.. Am J Hosp Palliat Care. 35(3), 440-447.
- Carlozzi, N. E., Hahn, E. A., Frank, S. A., Perlmutter, J. S., Downing, N. D., McCormack, M. K., ... HDQLIFE Site Investigators and Coordinators (2018). A new measure for end of life planning, preparation, and preferences in Huntington disease: HDQLIFE end of life planning.. J Neurol. 265(1), 98-107.
in the news
- Southwest Rural Health Research Center, College Of Nursing, School Of Public Health Better Rural Health Texas A&M Today November 20, 2020
- Federal Funding Awarded For Texas A&M Substance Use Disorder Recovery, Outreach Program Texas A&M Today October 5, 2020
- Federal Funds Awarded To Nurse-Led Project Combatting Opioid Crisis Texas A&M Today September 24, 2020
- Golden Crescent Children’s Advocates for Recovery Equity (GC-CARE) awarded by HRSA 2020 - 2023
recent teaching activities
Texas A&M Health Science Center; College Of Nursing; 1359 TAMUS
Bryan, TX 77807-3260