Dr. Downing's research focuses on intersections between violence, trauma, substance use, and health outcomes.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Nursing, University of Iowa - (Iowa City, Iowa, United States) 2010
- Cert. in Forensic Nursing, University of Colorado Colorado Springs - (Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States) 2007
- M.S. in Nursing, University of Iowa - (Iowa City, Iowa, United States) 2007
- B.S. in Nursing, University of Iowa - (Iowa City, Iowa, United States) 1998
- Downing, N. R., Bogue, R. J., Terrill, P., & Tucker, S. (2021). Development and Test of a Text-Messaging Follow-Up Program After Sexual Assault.. Violence Against Women. 10778012211014567-107780122110145.
- Downing, N. R., Adams, M., & Bogue, R. J. (2020). Factors Associated With Law Enforcement Reporting in Patients Presenting for Medical Forensic Examinations.. Journal of Interpersonal Violence. 886260520948518-088626052094851.
- Scafide, K. N., Sheridan, D. J., Downing, N. R., & Hayat, M. J. (2020). Detection of Inflicted Bruises by Alternate Light: Results of a Randomized Controlled Trial. Journal of Forensic Sciences. 65(4), 1191-1198.
- Lai, J., Goodnight, S., Downing, N. R., Ready, R. E., Paulsen, J. S., Kratz, A. L., ... Carlozzi, N. E. (2018). Evaluating cognition in individuals with Huntington disease: Neuro-QoL cognitive functioning measures. QUALITY OF LIFE RESEARCH. 27(3), 811-822.
- Downing, N. R., Goodnight, S., Chae, S., Perlmutter, J. S., McCormack, M., Hahn, E., Barton, S. K., & Carlozzi, N. (2018). Factors Associated With End-of-Life Planning in Huntington Disease. American Journal of Hospice and Palliative Medicine®. 35(3), 440-447.
- Golden Crescent Children’s Advocates for Recovery Equity (GC-CARE) awarded by HRSA 2020 - 2023
recent teaching activities
Texas A&M Health Science Center; College Of Nursing; 1359 TAMUS
Bryan, TX 77807-3260