Elbert, Chanda individual record
education and training
- Ph.D. in Agricultural and Extension Education, Pennsylvania State University - (State College, Pennsylvania, United States) 2000
- M.S. in , University of Nebraska–Lincoln - (Lincoln, United States) 1996
- Shahabuddin, S., Estrada, S., & Elbert, C. (2020). Leadership and Framing Effects: Individual Differences in Risk Perception for Leaders. North American Journal of Psychology. 22(2), 193-210.
- Mobeen, N., Shahabuddin, S., Elbert, C., & Bonner, F. E. (2019). Failure of Muslim Leadership in America From the Perspective of First-Generation Muslim Americans: A Phenomenological Study. Journal of Muslim Minority Affairs. 39(1), 1-13.
- Druery, D. M., Young, J. L., & Elbert, C. (2018). Macroaggressions and Civil Discourse. Women, Gender, and Families of Color. 6(1), 73-78.
- Devnew, L., Austin, A., Le Ber, M., LaValley, J., & Elbert, C. (2017). Learning from our Multi-Stage Collaborative Autoethnography. Qualitative Report. 22(10), 2772-2784.
- Croney, C. C., Anthony, R., Bauer, A., Elbert, C., Siegford, J. M., Stricklin, W. R., Swanson, J. C., & Varner, G. (2017). 728 Workshop on teaching bioethics in animal agriculture: Outcomes for faculty in animal science and veterinary medicine. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 95(suppl_4), 354-355.
- Ngunjiri, F. W., Almquist, J. M., Beebe, M., Elbert, C. D., Gardiner, R. A., & Shockness, M. (2017). Intersectional Leadership Praxis: Unpacking the Experiences of Women Leaders at the Nexus of Roles and Identities. Storberg-Walker, J., & Haber-Curran, P. (Eds.), Theorizing Women & Leadership New Insights & Contributions from Multiple Perspectives. (pp. 249-263). IAP.
- Le Ber, M. J., LaValley, J. B., Devnew, L. E., Austin, A., Elbert, C. D., Sulpizio, L. L., & Tremaine, M. (2017). Tracing the Developmental Precursors of Leadership During Childhood and Adolescence: A Collaborative Autoethnographic Study of Women’s Leader Identity Development. Storberg-Walker, J., & Haber-Curran, P. (Eds.), Theorizing Women & Leadership New Insights & Contributions from Multiple Perspectives. (pp. 225-248). IAP.
- Webb-Hasan, G., & Elbert, C. (2016). If I am not My Hair, Who Am I: African American Girls and Their Hair. Larke, P. J., Webb-Hasan, G., & Young, J. L. (Eds.), Cultivating Achievement, Respect, and Empowerment (CARE) for African American Girls in PreK?12 Settings Implications for Access, Equity and Achievement. (pp. 279-303). IAP.
- Dooley, K. E., Linder, J. R., Elbert, C., Murphy, T. H., & Murphrey, T. P. (2008). Faculty Perceptions and Participation in Distance Education. Lawrence A. Tomei, .. (Eds.), Online and Distance Learning. (pp. 3365-3369). IGI Global.
- Dooley, K. E., Linder, J. R., Elbert, C., Murphy, T. H., & Murphrey, T. P. (2005). Faculty Perceptions and Participation in Distance Education. Mehdi Khosrow-Pour, D. (Eds.), Encyclopedia of Information Science and Technology, First Edition. (pp. 1186-1189). IGI Global.
- Feggins, C., Elbert, C. D., & Larke, A. (2005). Assessing non-formal student learning: A student's perspective of the learning process. 78(1), 9-10.
- Elbert, C. D., & Baggett, C. D. (2001). Using the World Wide Web as a delivery method. 73(4), 17-19.
awards and honors
- Excellence Award conferred by NASPA—Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education - (Washington D.C., United States) - for Uniting Divine Sistahs Program 2019
- Vice Chancellor's Award in Excellence conferred by Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) - Diversity and Climate 2017
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Crawford, Katia Latrice (2018-05). I Am, Therefore I Lead: Exploring the Intersection of Spirituality, Authenticity, and Leadership Identity in African American Women Leaders at a Predominantly White Institution. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Watson, Arthur Calvin (2016-05). An Examination of Student Leadership Styles and Their Relationship to Leadership Development Training and Student Leader Effectiveness. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Rucker, Desiree Kristine (2015-12). Stakeholders' Perceptions and Attitudes toward the Mountain Lion (Puma concolor) in Texas. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- De Sousa, David Alexandre (2014-12). Intrinsic Case Study of Advisors' Perceptions of Advising International Transfer Students Transitioning from a Two-Year College to a Land-Grant University in the Southwest Region of the United States. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Mobeen, Noor 1982- (2012-12). Muslim Leadership in America. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Agriculture Leadership, Education and Communications; 2116 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-2116