Much of our research program is directed at understanding the interplay between geometric and electronic structure at interfaces as well as in solid-state materials and to examine how this translates to functional properties. Our research thus spans the range from materials synthesis, mechanistic understanding of crystal growth processes, and structural characterization to device integration and mechanistic studies of catalysis and intercalation phenomena. We further seek to translate fundamental understanding of interfaces and materials to develop functional thin films and devices for a wide range of applications ranging from Mott memory to thermochromic window coatings and thin films for the corrosion protection of steel.
- Comí, M., Patra, D., Yang, R., Chen, Z., Harbuzaru, A., Wubulikasimu, Y., ... Al-Hashimi, M. (2021). Alkoxy functionalized benzothiadiazole based donor–acceptor conjugated copolymers for organic field-effect transistors. Journal of Materials Chemistry C. 9(15), 5113-5123.
- Pradeep Kumar, P., Santos, D. A., Braham, E. J., Sellers, D. G., Banerjee, S., & Dixit, M. K. (2021). Punching above its weight: life cycle energy accounting and environmental assessment of vanadium microalloying in reinforcement bar steel. Environmental Science Processes & Impacts. 23(2), 275-290.
- Bai, Y., Santos, D. A., Rezaei, S., Stein, P., Banerjee, S., & Xu, B. (2021). A chemo-mechanical damage model at large deformation: numerical and experimental studies on polycrystalline energy materials. International Journal of Solids and Structures. 228, 111099-111099.
- Anita, .., Zaheer, W., Douglas, L., Sellers, D. G., Gupta, S., & Banerjee, S. (2021). Asphaltene Microencapsulation of Bitumen as a Means of Solid-Phase Transport. Energy and Fuels. 35(8), 6576-6584.
- Santos, D. A., Kumar, P. P., Dixit, M. K., & Banerjee, S. (2021). Building Back Better: Lessons Learned from Sichuan Earthquake on Decarbonizing China’s Construction Industry through Microalloying. Matter. 4(1), 4-9.
- Dennis, R. V., Fleer, N. A., Davidson, R. D., & Banerjee, S. (2016). Graphene Coatings for the Corrosion Protection of Base Metals. Graphene Technology: From Laboratory to Fabrication. (pp. 155-176). Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA.
- Banerjee, S. (2018). Defining conduction pathways in cathode materials: Resolving ionic logjams through atomistic design and mesoscale structuring. ACS National Meeting Book of Abstracts. 256,
- Yu, L., Hudak, B., Han, R., Waetzig, G., Depner, S., Sang, X., ... Guiton, B. (2018). Real-time observation of nanoscale manipulation of metal oxide phase transformations using in situ transmission electron microscopy. ACS National Meeting Book of Abstracts. 255,
- Hung, P. Y., O'Loughlin, T. E., Lewis, A., Dechter, R., Samayoa, M., Banerjee, S., Wood, E. L., & Walker, A. (2015). Potential application of tip-enhanced Raman spectroscopy (TERS) in semiconductor manufacturing. VISUALIZING AND QUANTIFYING DRUG DISTRIBUTION IN TISSUE III. 9424, 94241s-94241s-13.
- Asayesh-Ardakani, H., Nie, A., Marley, P. M., Singh, S., Philips, P. J., Mashayek, F., ... Shahbazian-Yassar, R. (2014). Atomic Resolution Study of Local Strains in Doped VO2 Nanowires. MICROSCOPY AND MICROANALYSIS. 20(S3), 1074-1075.
- Depner, S. W., Cultrara, N. D., Banerjee, S., & Qin, Y. (2014). Ferroelastic Domain Organization in Solution-Grown HfO2 Nanorods. MICROSCOPY AND MICROANALYSIS. 20(S3), 1970-1971.
- REU Site: Sustainable Chemistry at Texas A&M University awarded by National Science Foundation 2019 - 2022
- Fellow conferred by Royal Society of Chemistry - (London, United Kingdom) 2016
- Parija, Abhishek (2019-08). Design of Low-Dimensional Materials for Energy Storage, Computing, and Catalysis Based on Electronic Structure Considerations. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Alivio, Theodore Emmanuel Gatmaitan (2019-05). Interfacial Chemistry at the Surfaces of Engineered and Natural Nanomaterials. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Ly, Carol Michelle (2018-12). Electronic Structure of V2O5 Polymorphs and MxV2O5 Bronzes. (Master's Thesis)
- De Jesus Baez, Luis Rafael (2018-08). The Secret Lives of Battery Materials: Core-Level Spectroscopy as a Probe of Compositional and Electronic Structure Inhomogeneities. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Waetzig, Gregory Ryan (2018-05). Accessing Metastable Solid-Solution Nanoparticles from Solution-Phase Condensation Reactions: Applications in High-K Dielectrics, Geopolymerization, and X-Ray Phosphors. (Doctoral Dissertation)