- TTI Senior Research Engineer, Utility Engineering Program
Cesar Quiroga, Ph.D., P.E., F.ASCE, is a Senior Research Engineer and Manager of the Utility Engineering Program at the Texas A&M Transportation Institute. He is an international expert on utility engineering. He is also a leading expert on the interactions between unconventional energy developments and transportation systems. His professional and research activities extend to 3D, BIM, GIS, and other spatial data technology applications; data modeling; optimization of the project delivery process; right-of-way acquisition and property management; and transportation operations and safety. His professional experience also includes several years of surface hydrology and hydraulic engineering work as well as construction supervision.
Dr. Quiroga is active on several committees and organizations. At the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), he is a member of the committee updating the Standard Guideline for the Collection and Depiction of Existing Subsurface Utility Data and the committee developing the Standard for Recording and Exchanging Utility Infrastructure Data. He is also a founding member of the Utility Engineering and Surveying Institute (UESI) at ASCE. At UESI, he is active in various leadership capacities at the national, state, and regional levels. At the Transportation Research Board (TRB), he was the Chair of the Utilities Committee and a member of the Design Section and the CIM Subcommittee until 2020.
- Chu, T., Starek, M. J., Berryhill, J., Quiroga, C., & Pashaei, M. (2021). Simulation and Characterization of Wind Impacts on sUAS Flight Performance for Crash Scene Reconstruction. DRONES. 5(3), 67-67.
- Holik, W., Quiroga, C., Tsapakis, I., & Li, J. (2018). Accommodation of Saltwater Temporary Pipelines on the Roadside. TRANSPORTATION RESEARCH RECORD. 2672(12), 198-208.
- Hamad, K., & Quiroga, C. (2016). Geovisualization of Archived ITS Data-Case Studies. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INTELLIGENT TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS. 17(1), 104-112.
- Kraus, E., & Quiroga, C. (2016). Innovations in Accommodation of Longitudinal Utility Installations Along Controlled-Access Highways. TRANSPORTATION RESEARCH RECORD. 2588(2588), 53-60.
- Kraus, E., Quiroga, C., & Le, J. (2015). Innovations in Utility Conflict Management Lessons Learned from Pilot Implementation of Utility Conflict Matrix Tools. TRANSPORTATION RESEARCH RECORD. 2521(2521), 185-194.
- Quiroga, C., & Anspach, J. (2016). Managing Utilities in 3D Design and Construction Workflow. PIPELINES 2016 - OUT OF SIGHT, OUT OF MIND, NOT OUT OF RISK. 913-921.
- Anspach, J. H., & Quiroga, C. A. (2016). Populating Utility Risk Envelopes. PIPELINES 2016 - OUT OF SIGHT, OUT OF MIND, NOT OUT OF RISK. 575-584.
- Quiroga, C., Pina, R., Hamad, K., & Kraus, E. (2006). Intelligent transportation system spatial data modeling. TRAVEL SURVEY METHODS, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, AND GEOSPATIAL DATA. (1972), 94-104.