education and training
- Ph.D. in Political Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - (Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States) 2006
- M.A. in Political Science, George Washington University - (Washington D.C., District of Columbia, United States) 2002
- B.A. in Political Science, George Washington University - (Washington D.C., District of Columbia, United States) 2001
- Conway, N. D., Jordan, S., & Ura, J. D. (2018). Courts and Issue Attention in Canada. Social Science Quarterly. 99(4), 1324-1348.
- Ura, J. D., & Flink, C. M. (2016). Experience counts: The chief justice, management tenure, and strategic behavior on the U.S. supreme court. Research & Politics. 3(2), 205316801664446-205316801664446.
- Ura, J. D., & Flink, C. M. (2016). Managing the Supreme Court: The Chief Justice, Management, and Consensus. Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory. 26(2), 185-196.
- Hall, M., & Ura, J. D. (2015). Judicial Majoritarianism. Journal of Politics. 77(3), 818-832.
- Ura, J. D. (2014). Backlash and Legitimation: Macro Political Responses to Supreme Court Decisions. American Journal of Political Science. 58(1), 110-126.
- Ura, J. D. (2014). The placement of conflict: The Supreme Court and issue attention in the national media. Covering the United States Supreme Court in the Digital Age. (pp. 153-172). Cambridge University Press.
- Ellis, C., & Ura, J. D. (2011). United We divide? Education, income, and heterogeneity in mass partisan polarization. Who Gets Represented?. (pp. 61-92).
recent teaching activities
Texas A&M University; Political Science; 4348 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4348