My research focuses on auditing, corporate governance and quality of accounting earnings.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Accountancy, University of Missouri - (Columbia, Missouri, United States) 2004
- M.S. in Agriculture Economics, University of Missouri - (Columbia, Missouri, United States) 2001
- B.A. in Land Management, Renmin University of China - (Beijing, Beijing, China) 1993
- Omer, T. C., Sharp, N. Y., & Wang, D. (2018). The Impact of Religion on the Going Concern Reporting Decisions of Local Audit Offices. JOURNAL OF BUSINESS ETHICS. 149(4), 811-831.
- Lawson, B. P., & Wang, D. (2016). The Earnings Quality Information Content of Dividend Policies and Audit Pricing. CONTEMPORARY ACCOUNTING RESEARCH. 33(4), 1685-1719.
- Newton, N. J., Persellin, J. S., Wang, D., & Wilkins, M. S. (2016). Internal Control Opinion Shopping and Audit Market Competition. ACCOUNTING REVIEW. 91(2), 603-623.
- McGuire, S. T., Wang, D., & Wilson, R. J. (2014). Dual Class Ownership and Tax Avoidance. ACCOUNTING REVIEW. 89(4), 1487-1516.
- Ahmed, A. S., Neel, M., & Wang, D. (2013). Does Mandatory Adoption of IFRS Improve Accounting Quality? Preliminary Evidence. CONTEMPORARY ACCOUNTING RESEARCH. 30(4), 1344-1372.
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Smith, Kecia Williams (2016-08). Tell Me More: A Content Analysis of Expanded Auditor Reporting in the United Kingdom. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Christensen, Brant E (2015-08). Mandatory Partner Rotation and Audit Quality: Evidence from U.S. Audit Firm Archival Data. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Newton, Nathan J. (2013-08). Earnings Management Pressure on Audit Clients: Auditor Response to Analyst Forecast Signals. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Head Of Accounting; 4353 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4353