Finance in Developing Countries, especially microfinance. My first field of research is linking banks and other agents in providing finance. My second field of research is microfinance, especially self help groups in India. My last field of research is impact evaluations in economic development.
- Ph.D. in Economics, University of Pennsylvania - (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States) 1996
- B.A. in Economics and Mathematics, Bucknell University - (Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, United States) 1988
- Bali Swain, R., & Varghese, A. (2014). Evaluating the Impact of Training in Self-Help Groups in India. 26(5), 870-885.
- Swain, R. B., & Varghese, A. (2013). DELIVERY MECHANISMS AND IMPACT OF MICROFINANCE TRAINING IN INDIAN SELF-HELP GROUPS. Journal of International Development. (1), 21.
- Swain, R. B., & Varghese, A. (2011). Reassessing the impact of SHG participation with non-experimental approaches. 46(11), 50-57.
- Varghese, A. (2004). Bank-moneylender linkage as an alternative to bank competition in rural credit markets. Oxford Economic Papers. 57(2), 315-335.