- Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering
We are pursuing the research to understand fundamental principles in multidisciplinary discipline subjects and create next-generation manufacturing methods and processes by using our core knowledge in manufacturing, precision engineering, metrology, mechatronics, and optics and academia and industry experiences. Our primary academic interests are developing precision engineering-inspired approaches to manufacturing and metrology and, reciprocally, to use these approaches to better understand learning and create new knowledge in precision machine systems. We will try any possible approaches to solving the current manufacturing problems and characterizing those limits such as accuracy, precision, long-term reliability and fatigue properties, and then, we will create new manufacturing methods and processes and push its limits at the end.
- University of South Carolina - (Columbia, South Carolina, United States), Postdoctoral Training
- Ph.D. in Mechatronics, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology - (Gwangju, South Korea) 2012
- M.S. in Mechatronics, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology - (Gwangju, South Korea) 2008
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Chung-Ang University - (Seoul, South Korea) 2006
- Chun, H., Park, W., Kim, J., & Lee, C. (2022). In-Process Cutting Temperature Monitoring Method Based on Impedance Model of Dielectric Coating Layer at Tool-Chip Interface. JOURNAL OF MANUFACTURING AND MATERIALS PROCESSING. 6(5), 97-97.
- Wang, Z., Lin, P., & Lee, C. (2022). Preliminary study of photomask pattern inspection by beam-shaped knife-edge interferometry. PRECISION ENGINEERING-JOURNAL OF THE INTERNATIONAL SOCIETIES FOR PRECISION ENGINEERING AND NANOTECHNOLOGY. 77, 104-109.
- Lee, C., & Guo, X. (2022). Spatially resolved stereoscopic surface profiling by using a feature-selective segmentation and merging technique. SURFACE TOPOGRAPHY-METROLOGY AND PROPERTIES. 10(1), 014002-014002.
- Wang, Z., Chun, H., & Lee, C. (2021). Enhancement of knife-edge interferometry for edge topography characterization.. Rev Sci Instrum. 92(12), 125101-125101.
- Chun, H., Kim, J., Lee, C., & Kim, H. (2021). A monolithic linear motion platform driven by a piezoelectric and fluidic pressure-fed dual mechanism.. Rev Sci Instrum. 92(10), 105002-105002.
- Lee, C. (2016). Long-Range Nano-Scanning Devices Based on Optical Sensing Technology. Advanced Mechatronics and MEMS Devices II. 495-522. Springer Nature.
- Lee, C. (2018). Precision Cutting Tool Wear Monitoring Method by Knife-Edge Diffraction Interferometry. Volume 3: Manufacturing Equipment and Systems, Volume 3: Manufacturing Equipment and Systems. 3, v003t02a026-v003t02a026.
- Lee, C., & Kim, G. H. (2018). A curved surface-insensitive optical sensing technique for precision spindle health monitoring. Proceedings - 33rd ASPE Annual Meeting. 146-149.
- Lee, C., & Kim, G. H. (2018). A curved surface-insensitive optical sensing technique for precision spindle health monitoring. Proceedings - 33rd ASPE Annual Meeting. 353-356.
- Lee, C., Tarbutton, J., & Schmitz, T. L. (2018). An investigation of cosine error for scanning probe measurements of freeform surfaces. Proceedings - 33rd ASPE Annual Meeting. 466-470.
- Kirkpatrick, M. B., Tarbutton, J. A., Le, T., & Lee, C. (2016). Characterization of 3D Printed Piezoelectric Sensors. 2016 IEEE SENSORS, 2016 IEEE SENSORS. 1-3.
Repository Documents / Preprints1
- Wang, J., Chun, H., Kim, J., & Lee, C. (2023). Wafer Particle Inspection Technique Using Computer Vision based on Color Space Transform Model.
- Tarbutton, J., & Lee, C. B. (2016). Novel Additive Manufacturing-Based Electric Poling Process of PVDF Polymer for Piezoelectric Device Applications.
- Lee, S., Lee, C. B., & Kim, G. H. (2014). Method and device for measuring motion error of linear stage.
- Lee, C. B., Lee, S., Joo, J., & Woo, D. (2012). Light-condensing device and method of fabricating the same.
- I-CORPS Cutting Tool Wear Monitoring Sensor awarded by National Science Foundation 2019 - 2020
- MEEN260 Mechanical Measurements Instructor
- MEEN485 Directed Studies Instructor
- MEEN489 Sptp: Precision Machine Design Instructor
- MEEN491 Hnr-research Instructor
- MEEN491 Research Instructor
- Hegde, Himanshu (2021-12). Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer - Metal Self-Piercing Rivet Joining Process Modeling. (Master's Thesis)
- Das, Omprakash (2021-05). Manufacturability and Bending Performance of Graded Steel Structures Fabricated by Selective Laser Melting. (Master's Thesis)
- Chun, Heebum (2020-11). Dynamics and Controls of Fluidic Pressure-Fed Mechanism (FPFM) of Nanopositioning System. (Master's Thesis)