We are pursuing the research to understand fundamental principles in multidisciplinary discipline subjects and create next-generation manufacturing methods and processes by using our core knowledge in manufacturing, precision engineering, metrology, mechatronics, and optics and academia and industry experiences. Our primary academic interests are developing precision engineering-inspired approaches to manufacturing and metrology and, reciprocally, to use these approaches to better understand learning and create new knowledge in precision machine systems. We will try any possible approaches to solving the current manufacturing problems and characterizing those limits such as accuracy, precision, long-term reliability and fatigue properties, and then, we will create new manufacturing methods and processes and push its limits at the end.
- University of South Carolina - (Columbia, South Carolina, United States), Postdoctoral Training 2013
- Ph.D. in Mechatronics, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology - (Gwangju, South Korea) 2012
- M.S. in Mechatronics, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology - (Gwangju, South Korea) 2008
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Chung-Ang University - (Seoul, South Korea) 2006
- Han, J., & Lee, C. (2019). Dynamic and thermal characterization of additively manufactured pressure-fed flexures with internal fluidic channels. SMART MATERIALS AND STRUCTURES. 28(10), 105032-105032.
- Lee, C., & Tarbutton, J. A. (2019). Polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF) direct printing for sensors and actuators. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 104(5-8), 3155-3162.
- Lee, C. (2019). A first review of optical edge-diffraction technology for precision dimensional metrology. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 102(5-8), 2465-2480.
- Jeon, S., Zolfaghari, A., & Lee, C. (2018). Dicing Wheel Wear Monitoring Technique Utilizing Edge Diffraction Effect. MEASUREMENT. 121, 139-143.
- Villarraga-Gómez, H., Lee, C., & Smith, S. T. (2018). Dimensional metrology with X-ray CT: A comparison with CMM measurements on internal features and compliant structures. Precision Engineering. 51, 291-307.
- Lee, C. (2018). Precision Cutting Tool Wear Monitoring Method by Knife-Edge Diffraction Interferometry. 3, v003t02a026-v003t02a026.
- Lee, C., & Kim, G. H. (2018). A curved surface-insensitive optical sensing technique for precision spindle health monitoring. 146-149.
- Lee, C., & Kim, G. H. (2018). A curved surface-insensitive optical sensing technique for precision spindle health monitoring. 353-356.
- Lee, C., Tarbutton, J., & Schmitz, T. L. (2018). An investigation of cosine error for scanning probe measurements of freeform surfaces. 466-470.
- Kirkpatrick, M. B., Tarbutton, J. A., Le, T., & Lee, C. (2016). Characterization of 3D Printed Piezoelectric Sensors. Proceedings of IEEE Sensors. 1-3.