Our research is focused on using advanced control strategies to achieve higher energy efficiency, reduced environmental impact, and increased performance for conventional and alternative energy systems. We take a holistic approach to research by incorporating modeling, simulation, design, and experimental evaluation into each project.
- Rogers, A. P., Guo, F., & Rasmussen, B. P. (2019). A review of fault detection and diagnosis methods for residential air conditioning systems. Building and Environment. 161, 106236-106236.
- Rogers, A., Guo, F., & Rasmussen, B. (2019). Uncertainty analysis and field implementation of a fault detection method for residential HVAC systems. SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY FOR THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT. 1-14.
- Rogers, A. P., & Rasmussen, B. P. (2018). Opportunities for consumer-driven load shifting in commercial and industrial buildings. Sustainable Energy Grids and Networks. 16, 243-258.
- Rodriguez, E., & Rasmussen, B. (2017). A comparison of modeling paradigms for dynamic evaporator simulations with variable fluid phases. APPLIED THERMAL ENGINEERING. 112, 1326-1342.
- Janecke, A., Terrill, T. J., & Rasmussen, B. P. (2017). A comparison of static and dynamic fault detection techniques for transcritical refrigeration. International Journal of Refrigeration. 80, 212-224.
- Rasmussen, B. P., Price, C., Koeln, J., Keating, B., & Alleyne, A. (2018). HVAC system modeling and control: Vapor compression system modeling and control. Advances in Industrial Control. (pp. 73-103).
- Koeln, J., Keating, B., Alleyne, A., Price, C., & Rasmussen, B. P. (2018). Multi-zone temperature modeling and control. Advances in Industrial Control. (pp. 139-166).
- Rasmussen, B. P., Kreider, J. F., Claridge, D. E., & Culp, C. H. (2015). Heating, ventilating, and air conditioning control systems. Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy: Handbook, Second Edition. (pp. 565-620).
- Price, C. R., & Rasmussen, B. P. (2018). Soft Implementation of Cascaded Control Architectures Using the Youla Parameterization. 2014 American Control Conference. 2018-June, 4652-4657.
- Terrill, T. J., Rasmussen, B. P., & ASHRAE, .. (2017). A Case Study on How Energy Use and Efficiency in Religious Facilities Compares to Other Types of Commercial Buildings. ASHRAE Conference-Papers.
- Rogers, A., & Rasmussen, B. (2017). A generalized approach for commercial and industrial load shifting control. 3,
- Bay, C. J., Terrill, T. J., & Rasmussen, B. P. (2017). Autonomous robotic Building energy audits: Demonstrated capabilities and open challenges. ASHRAE TRANSACTIONS 1995, VOL 101, PT 2. 123, 3-20.
- Price, C. R., & Rasmussen, B. P. (2017). Decoupling of MIMO systems using cascaded control architectures with application for HVAC systems. 2014 American Control Conference. 2907-2912.
- Jalal, Rawand Ehsan (2016-12). Limited-Communication Distributed Model Predictive Control for HVAC Systems. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Terrill, Trevor (2015-08). A Long-Term Building Study of Energy Usage and Thermal Comfort in Religious Facilities. (Master's Thesis)
- Gao, Kaimi (2015-08). Experimental Evaluation of Silicon Expansion Valve Techonology. (Master's Thesis)
- Youmsi Pete, Edwin Larry (2015-05). Development and Testing of a Prototype Pilot Expansion Valve for Vapor Compression Systems. (Master's Thesis)
- Morelli, Franco Javier (2015-05). Electrical Demand Analysis Software Tool Suite and Automatic Report Generation for Energy Audits. (Master's Thesis)