My current research focuses on the development of computational methods for the analysis, design, and operation of complex systems. I am specifically interested in aspects of uncertainty quantification, multidisciplinary design optimization, and compositional methods for simulation-based design. I am currently working on projects involving the development of computational methods for enabling self-aware unmanned aerial vehicles, the development of optimal algorithms for multi-information source management in design, and the development of methods for enabling correct-by-construction model-based design processes.
- Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology - (Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States) 2009
- M.S. in Aerospace Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology - (Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States) 2006
- B.S. in Aerospace Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology - (Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States) 2004
- Swischuk, R., & Allaire, D. (2019). A Machine Learning Approach to Aircraft Sensor Error Detection and Correction. Journal of Computing and Information Science in Engineering. 19(4), 041009-041009.
- Zhang, G., Allaire, D., Shankar, V., & McAdams, D. A. (2019). A case against the trickle-down effect in technology ecosystems. PLoS ONE. 14(6), e0218370-e0218370.
- Ghoreishi, S. F., Friedman, S., & Allaire, D. L. (2019). Adaptive Dimensionality Reduction for Fast Sequential Optimization With Gaussian Processes. Journal of Mechanical Design, Transactions of the ASME. 141(7), 071404-071404.
- Honarmandi, P., Duong, T. C., Ghoreishi, S. F., Allaire, D., & Arroyave, R. (2019). Bayesian uncertainty quantification and information fusion in CALPHAD-based thermodynamic modeling. ACTA MATERIALIA. 164, 636-647.
- Allen, R. C., Allaire, D., & El-Halwagi, M. M. (2019). Capacity Planning for Modular and Transportable Infrastructure for Shale Gas Production and Processing. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. 58(15), 5887-5897.
- Sanghvi, M., Honarmandi, P., Attari, V., Duong, T., Arroyave, R., & Allaire, D. (2019). Uncertainty propagation via probability measure optimized importance weights with application to parametric materials models.
- Ghoreishi, S. F., & Allaire, D. L. (2018). A fusion-based multi-information source optimization approach using knowledge gradient policies. (210049),
- Swischuk, R., & Allaire, D. (2018). A machine learning approach to aircraft sensor error detection and correction. (210049),
- (2018). Assessing student interdisciplinarity: Results from an interdisciplinary graduate program in science and engineering fields. 2012 ASEE ANNUAL CONFERENCE. 2018-June,
- Isaac, B., Friedman, S., & Allaire, D. (2018). Efficient approximation of coupling variable fixed point sets for decoupling multidisciplinary systems. (210049),
- Thomison, William Dillon (2017-05). A Model Reification Approach to Fusing Information from Multifidelity Information Sources. (Master's Thesis)
- Rooney, Warren William (2016-12). Mitigating Schedule Overruns Caused by Misinterpretation. (Master's Thesis)
- Li, Kaiyu (2016-12). A Compressed Sensing Approach to Uncertainty Propagation for Approximately Additive Functions. (Master's Thesis)