My research in applied and computational mathematics lies at the interface between rigorous applied analysis and physical applications. Most of my work has been focused on the development of analytical and computational techniques for investigating nonlinear phenomena. Specifically, in studying the Euler and the Navier-Stokes equations of incompressible and compressible fluids, and other related nonlinear partial differential equations. Such equations arise as models in a wide range of applications in nonlinear science and engineering. The applications include, but are not limited to, fluid mechanics, oceanic and atmospheric dynamics and their coupling with moisture micro-physics in clouds formation, turbulence, chemical reactions, nonlinear fiber optics, control theory and data assimilation for weather and climate prediction.
- Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics, Indiana University Bloomington - (Bloomington, Indiana, United States) 1986
- M.Sc. in Mathematics, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology - (Haifa, Israel) 1981
- B.Sc. in Mathematics, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology - (Haifa, Israel) 1979
- Desamsetti, S., Dasari, H. P., Langodan, S., Titi, E. S., Knio, O., & Hoteit, I. (2019). Efficient dynamical downscaling of general circulation models using continuous data assimilation. QUARTERLY JOURNAL OF THE ROYAL METEOROLOGICAL SOCIETY. 145(724), 3175-3194.
- Gesho, M., Olson, E., & Titi, E. S. (2016). A Computational Study of a Data Assimilation Algorithm for the Two-dimensional Navier-Stokes Equations. Communications in Computational Physics. 19(4), 1094-1110.
- Farhat, A., Lunasin, E., & Titi, E. S. (2016). Abridged Continuous Data Assimilation for the 2D Navier-Stokes Equations Utilizing Measurements of Only One Component of the Velocity Field. JOURNAL OF MATHEMATICAL FLUID MECHANICS. 18(1), 1-23.
- Markowich, P. A., Titi, E. S., & Trabelsi, S. (2016). Continuous data assimilation for the three-dimensional Brinkman-Forchheimer-extended Darcy model. NONLINEARITY. 29(4), 1292-1328.
- Albanez, D., Nussenzveig Lopes, H. J., & Titi, E. S. (2016). Continuous data assimilation for the three-dimensional Navier-Stokes-alpha model. ASYMPTOTIC ANALYSIS. 97(1-2), 139-164.
- Rios-Soto, K. R., Castillo-Chavez, C., Neubert, M. G., Titi, E. S., & Yakubu, A. (2006). Epidemic spread in populations at demographic equilibrium. MATHEMATICAL STUDIES ON HUMAN DISEASE DYNAMICS: EMERGING PARADIGMS AND CHALLENGES. 410, 297-+.
- Olson, E., & Titi, E. S. (2003). Determining modes for continuous data assimilation in 2D turbulence. Journal of Statistical Physics. 113(5-6), 799-840.
- Cao, C. S., & Titi, E. S. (2002). Asymptotic behavior of viscous 1-D scalar conservation laws with neumann boundary conditions. 306-324.
- Shvartsman, S. Y., Rico-Martinez, R., Titi, E. S., Theodoropoulos, C., Mountziaris, T. J., & Kevrekidis, I. G. (1999). Order reduction of nonlinear dynamic models for distributed reacting systems. 637-644.
- DOELMAN, A., & TITI, E. S. (1993). EXPONENTIAL CONVERGENCE OF THE GALERKIN APPROXIMATION FOR THE GINZBURG-LANDAU EQUATION. 384, 241-252.