My research focuses on ameliorating the triple curses of NONLINEARITY, DIMENSIONALITY and UNCERTAINTY in estimation and control problems, with applications to Mobile Robotics, Morphing Aircraft and Distributed Parameter Systems.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor - (Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States) 2004
- B.T. in Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Madras - (Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India) 1997
- Tamjidi, A., Oftadeh, R., Mohamed, M., Yu, D., Chakravorty, S., & Shell, D. (2021). Unifying Consensus and Covariance Intersection for Efficient Distributed State Estimation Over Unreliable Networks. IEEE Transactions on Robotics. 37(5), 1525-1538.
- Wang, R., Goyal, R., Chakravorty, S., & Skelton, R. E. (2020). Model and Data Based Approaches to the Control of Tensegrity Robots. IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters. 5(3), 3846-3853.
- Yu, D., & Chakravorty, S. (2020). A randomized balanced proper orthogonal decomposition technique. Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics. 368, 112540-112540.
- Tamjidi, A., Oftadeh, R., Chakravorty, S., & Shell, D. (2020). Efficient recursive distributed state estimation of hidden Markov models over unreliable networks. Autonomous Robots. 44(3-4), 321-338.
- Agarwal, S., Parunandi, K. S., & Chakravorty, S. (2019). Robust Pose-Graph SLAM Using Absolute Orientation Sensing. IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters. 4(2), 981-988.
- Tamjidi, A., Chakravorty, S., & Shell, D. (2016). Unifying consensus and covariance intersection for decentralized state estimation. 2016 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 2016 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS). 2016-November, 125-130.
- Faber, W. R., Chakravorty, S., & Hussein, I. I. (2016). R-FISST and the Data Association Problem with applications to Space Situational Awareness. AIAA/AAS Astrodynamics Specialist Conference, AIAA/AAS Astrodynamics Specialist Conference.
- Yu, D., & Chakravorty, S. (2016). A computationally optimal randomized proper orthogonal decomposition technique. 2016 American Control Conference (ACC), 2016 American Control Conference (ACC). 2016-July, 3310-3315.
- Rafieisakhaei, M., Tamjidi, A., Chakravorty, S., & Kumar, P. R. (2016). Feedback motion planning under non-Gaussian uncertainty and non-convex state constraints. 2016 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 2016 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA). 2016-June, 4238-4244.
- Abusultan, M., Chakravorty, S., & Khatri, S. P. (2016). A GPU-based Implementation of a Sensor Tasking Methodology. 2016 19TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON INFORMATION FUSION (FUSION). 1398-1405.
- I-Corps: Accurate GPS-free Navigation and Localization awarded by National Science Foundation 2017 - 2018
- RI: Small: Sampling Based Feedback Motion Planners awarded by National Science Foundation 2012 - 2016
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Faber, Weston Ryan (2018-05). Multiple Space Object Tracking Using A Randomized Hypothesis Generation Technique. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Agarwal, Saurav (2018-05). Planning, Estimation and Control for Mobile Robot Localization with Application to Long-Term Autonomy. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Yu, Dan (2016-12). State Estimation of Spatio-Temporal Phenomena. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Aghamohammadi, Aliakbar (2014-05). Feedback-based Information Roadmap (FIRM): Graph-based Estimation and Control of Robotic Systems Under Uncertainty. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Sajjanshetty, Kiran (2012-08). Disturbance Model Identification and Model Free Synthesis of Controllers for Multivariable Systems. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Aerospace Engineering; 3141 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3141