Dr. Lisa Bowman-Perrott's research spans special education, bilingual education, and school psychology and focuses on academic and behavioral interventions for students with or at-risk for emotional and behavioral disorders. As an extension of her work implementing interventions in schools, Dr. Bowman-Perrott examines the efficacy of various interventions through meta-analysis. Her meta-analytic work has allowed her to move beyond investigating whether a given intervention is effective to examining what aspects of interventions moderate their effectiveness, and determine for which students they are most effective. Students with or at-risk for EBD have been the primary focus of her meta-analytic work.
- Ph.D. in Education, University of Virginia - (Charlottesville, Virginia, United States)
- B.A. in Psychology, Hampton University - (Hampton, Virginia, United States)
- M.Ed. in Agency Counseling, College of William & Mary - (Williamsburg, Virginia, United States)
- University of Kansas - (Lawrence, Kansas, United States), Postdoctoral Training 2001
- Perihan, C., Burke, M., Bowman-Perrott, L., Bicer, A., Gallup, J., Thompson, J., & Sallese, M. (2020). Effects of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Reducing Anxiety in Children with High Functioning ASD: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. J Autism Dev Disord. 50(6), 1958-1972.
- Hutchins, N. S., Burke, M. D., Bowman-Perrott, L., Tarlow, K. R., & Hatton, H. (2020). The Effects of Social Skills Interventions for Students With EBD and ASD: A Single-Case Meta-Analysis. Behav Modif. 44(5), 773-794.
- Campbell, A. R., Bowman-Perrott, L., Burke, M. D., & Sallese, M. R. (2018). Reading, Writing, Math, and Content-Area Interventions for Improving Behavioral and Academic Outcomes of Students with Emotional and Behavioral Disorders. Learning Disabilities: A Contemporary Journal. 16(2), 119-138.
- Hutchins, N. S., Burke, M. D., Hatton, H., & Bowman-Perrott, L. (2017). Social Skills Interventions for Students With Challenging Behavior. Remedial and Special Education. 38(1), 13-27.
- Bowman-Perrott, L., Burke, M. D., Zaini, S., Zhang, N., & Vannest, K. (2016). Promoting Positive Behavior Using the Good Behavior Game. Journal of Positive Behavior Interventions. 18(3), 180-190.
- Perihan, C., Burke, M. D., Bowman-Perrott, L., & Gallup, J. (2020). Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and ASD. Encyclopedia of Autism Spectrum Disorders. (pp. 1-5). Springer New York.
- Little, S., & Akin-Little, A. (2014). Academic Assessment and Intervention. Academic Assessment and Intervention. (pp. 79-96). Routledge.
- Zhang, Nan (2016-12). The Status of School-based Mental Health Services for Students with Disabilities. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Hamrick De Marin, Sharon Renee (2016-08). A Two-Study Investigation of the Role of Morphemic Awareness in Literacy Development Among Nyanja Speaking Children In Zambia. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Zaini, Samar Jameel (2016-05). Function-Based Interventions for Young Children with Challenging Behavior: A Review of Quality and a Meta-analysis of the Single-Case Research Literature. (Doctoral Dissertation)