education and training
- M.S. in Information Science, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign - (Urbana, Illinois, United States) 2003
- M.A. in , West Texas A&M University - (Canyon, Texas, United States) 1997
- B.A. in , Texas Tech University - (Amarillo, Texas, United States) 1993
- Bales, S., Hubbard, D. E., vanDuinkerken, W., Sare, L., & Olivarez, J. (2019). The use of departmental journal lists in promotion and tenure decisions at American research universities. Journal of Academic Librarianship. 45(2), 153-161.
- Olivarez, J. D., Bales, S., Sare, L., & vanDuinkerken, W. (2018). Format Aside: Applying Beall's Criteria to Assess the Predatory Nature of Both OA and Non-OA Library and Information Science Journals. College & Research Libraries. 79(1), 52-67.
- Sare, L. (2018). Providing Access to Government Information: A Survey of the Federal Depository Library Community. Collaborative Librarianship. 10(3),
- Simonsen, J., Sare, L., & Bankston, S. (2017). Creating and Assessing an Information Literacy Component in an Undergraduate Specialized Science Class. SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY LIBRARIES. 36(2), 200-218.
- Potvin, S., & Sare, L. (2016). Public Goods and Public Interests: Scholarly Communication and Government Documents in Research Libraries. Portal. 16(2), 417-441.
- Sare, L. A., Olivares, M., & Weimer, K. H. (2014). Integrative Services for Demographic and Geographic Information System (GIS) Data. Peachck, R., & Wurm, J. (Eds.), The New Academic Librarian: Essays on Changing Roles and Responsibilities. Jefferson.
Institutional Repository Documents7
- Bankston, S., & Sare, L. (2019). Assessment Beyond the Classroom: Providing Job Specific Life-long Learning Skills for Students.
- Sare, L., Bankston, S., Tomberlin, J. K., & Sawyer, S. J. (2019). Improving Forensic Science Information Seeking.
- Sare, L., Bankston, S., & Tomberlin, J. K. (2018). Developing an Information Literacy-Intensive Forensic Science Course.
- Melgoza, P., & Sare, L. (2017). Targeting Grad Students: Creating a Web Guide for Thesis Writers in the Construction Industry Fields.
awards and honors
- Depository Library Council Nomination conferred by United States Government Publishing Office - (Washington D.C., District of Columbia, United States) - Depository Library Council, an advisory committee to the U.S. Government Publishing Office Director. 2019
- GODORT Margaret T. Lane/Virginia F. Saunders Memorial Research Award conferred by American Library Association - (Chicago, Illinois, United States) - The Lane / Saunders Memorial Research Award is given to authors of outstanding published research. 2017
Texas A&M University; Libraries; 5000 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-5000