Sorescu, Alina individual record
- Professor, Marketing, Mays Business School
My research focuses on business models, product portfolio decisions, branding, acquisitions and alliances, and measuring the financial value of marketing actions.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Business Administration, University of Houston - (Houston, Texas, United States) 2002
- M.S. in Statistics, University of Florida - (Gainesville, Florida, United States) 1997
- B.S. in Mathematics, University of Bucharest - (Bucharest, Romania) 1994
- Cao, Z., Song, R., Sorescu, A., & Chua, A. (2023). Innovation Potential, Insider Sales, and IPO Performance: How Firms Can Mitigate the Negative Effect of Insider Selling. Journal of Marketing. 002224292211344-002224292211344.
- Nickerson, D., Lowe, M., Pattabhiramaiah, A., & Sorescu, A. (2022). The Impact of Corporate Social Responsibility on Brand Sales: An Accountability Perspective. JOURNAL OF MARKETING. 86(2), 5-28.
- Kovalenko, L., Sorescu, A., & Houston, M. B. (2022). What brand do I use for my new product? The impact of new product branding decisions on firm value. JOURNAL OF THE ACADEMY OF MARKETING SCIENCE. 50(2), 338-365.
- Peres, R., Schreier, M., Schweidel, D. A., & Sorescu, A. (2022). Blockchain Meets Marketing: Opportunities, Threats, and Avenues for Future Research. International Journal of Research in Marketing.
- Schreier, M., Peres, R., Schweidel, D., & Sorescu, A. (2021). IJRM 2021-2024: Innovation, speed, diversity, let's push things forward together. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RESEARCH IN MARKETING. 38(4), 807-810.
- Sorescu, A. (2012). Chapter 6: Innovation and the Market Value of Firms. Handbook of Marketing and Finance. Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Sorescu, A. (2012). Innovation and the market value of firms. HANDBOOK OF MARKETING AND FINANCE. 129-154. Edward Elgar Publishing.
in the news
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
- MKTG323 Marketing Research Instructor
- MKTG625 Marketing Analytics I Instructor
- MKTG665 Research Mktg Decis Instructor
- MKTG688 Doctoral Seminar Instructor
- MKTG691 Research Instructor
chaired theses and dissertations
- Ertekin, Larisa (2019-08). To Extend and Defend: Essays on How Firms Can Grow and Protect Brand Equity. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Warren, Nooshin Lotfi (2016-08). New Perspectives on Assessing the Stock Market Value of Innovation. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Cao, Zixia (2012-08). An Empirical Examination of Stock Market Reactions to Introduction of Co-branded Products. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Zhu, Ying (2011-08). A Tale of Two Brands: The Joint Effect of Manufacturer Brand and Retailer Brand on Consumers' Evaluation of Products. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Dan, Sujan Mathew (2008-08). An empirical examination of the role of characteristics of the format, standard setting alliance and alliance partners in the market acceptance of formats. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Marketing; 4112 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4112