As a health outcome researcher, and applied statistician, my research generally focuses on examining issues related to effectiveness of medical care delivery and health outcomes in chronic disease and cancer. My research work in this context has examined diverse topics related to economic evaluation of pharmaceuticals, risk adjustment of health outcomes, quality of primary care, medication and patient safety, applied statistical methodology in health services evaluation, and patient-centered outcomes evaluation.
- Ph.D. in , University of Michigan-Ann Arbor - (Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States)
- B.B.A. in , The Ohio State University - (Columbus, Ohio, United States)
- M.A. in , Columbia University - (New York, New York, United States)
- M.S.P.H. in , Texas A&M Health Science Center - (College Station, Texas, United States)
- Han, K., Chang, J., Choi, D., Kim, S., Kim, D. J., Chang, Y., & Kim, S. J. (2022). Association of institutional transition of cancer care with mortality in elderly patients with lung cancer: a retrospective cohort study using national claim data.. BMC Cancer. 22(1), 452.
- Shin, D. Y., Chang, J., Ramamonjiarivelo, Z. H., & Medina, M. (2022). Does Geographic Location Affect the Quality of Care? The Difference in Readmission Rates Between the Border and Non-Border Hospitals in Texas.. Risk Manag Healthc Policy. 15, 1011-1023.
- Kim, S. J., Medina, M., Delgado, R., Miller, A., & Chang, J. (2022). Healthcare Utilization Disparities Among Lung Cancer Patients in US Hospitals During 2010-2014: Evidence from the US Hispanic Population's Hospital Charges and Length of Stay.. Int J Gen Med. 15, 1329-1339.
- Kim, S. J., Medina, M., & Chang, J. (2022). Healthcare Utilization of Patients with Opioid Use Disorder in US Hospitals from 2016 to 2019: Focusing on Racial and Regional Variances.. Clin Drug Investig. 1-11.
- Chang, J., Han, K., Medina, M., & Kim, S. J. (2022). Palliative care and healthcare utilization among deceased metastatic lung cancer patients in U.S. hospitals.. BMC Palliat Care. 21(1), 136.