Dr. Roger Norton, Research Professor of Agricultural Economics and also Regional Director for Latin America and the Caribbean at the Borlaug Institute for International Agriculture, has been a World Bank Research Director and Full Professor at the University of New Mexico and Visiting Professor at Oklahoma State University, the Universities of Rome and Naples, and the business school INCAE in Costa Rica. He has delivered training courses in a number of developing countries. He has lived 23 years in developing countries and has research and policy experience in 47 countries in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean, Africa, the Middle East, Asia, and Europe and the former Soviet Union. He has frequently promoted policy reform, working collaboratively with host country counterparts. Dr. Norton has served as chief of party on USAID policy reform projects for agriculture and the environment in Honduras and El Salvador and has been policy advisor and team leader for the World Bank, the Inter-American Development Bank, the FAO, IFAD and other donors in Mozambique, Rwanda, Guyana, Estonia, Nicaragua, Colombia, Peru, Panama and Eritrea.
- Norton, R. D., Scandizzo, P. L., & Zimmerman, L. W. (1986). Portugal's entry into the EEC: Aggregate and distributional effects determined by means of a general equilibrium model. Journal of Policy Modeling. 8(2), 149-180.
- Bassoco, L. M., Cartas, C., & Norton, R. D. (1986). Sectoral analysis of the benefits of subsidized ( crop) insurance in Mexico.. 126-142.
- Norton, R. D., & Patrick, R. H. (1985). A note on Prudencio's experimental tests of the coase propositions. JOURNAL OF ENVIRONMENTAL ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT. 12(1), 96-100.
- Norton, R. D., Santaniello, V., & Echevarria, J. A. (1983). Economic evaluation of an agricultural sector investment program: A case study for Peru. Journal of Policy Modeling. 5(2), 149-177.
- Norton, R. D., & Solis M, L. (1983). The book of CHAC: programming studies for Mexican agriculture..
- Norton, R. D. (2016). The Competitiveness of Tropical Agriculture A Guide to Competitive Potential with Case Studies. Academic Press.
- Norton, R. D. (2005). Agricultural Development Policy Concepts and Experiences. John Wiley & Sons.
- Hazell, P., & Norton, R. (1986). Mathematical Programming for Economic Analysis in Agriculture. Macmillan Publishing Company.
- (1983). The book of CHAC: programming studies for Mexican agriculture.. Johns Hopkins University Press.
- (1987). U.S.-Mexico Relations Agriculture and Rural Development. Stanford University Press.