Briers, Gary individual record
education and training
- Ph.D. in Agricultural Education, Iowa State University - (Ames, Iowa, United States) 1978
- M.Ed. in Agricultural Education, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1974
- B.S. in Agricultural Education, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1971
- Bielecki, C., Sanchez, C. V., Navarro, M., Lombardini, L., Briers, G., & Wingenbach, G. (2013). Impact analysis and evaluation of a capacity building project in Peru: Increasing the teaching and research competencies of selected faculty. Journal of International Agricultural and Extension Education. 20(2), 163-165.
- Nyambi, G. N., Shinn, G. C., & Briers, G. E. (2013). Examining a national agricultural extension and advisory system: A case study of the North West and South West regions of Cameroon. ASIA LIFE SCIENCES. 51-63.
- Shinn, G. C., Ford, R. K., Attaie, R., & Briers, G. E. (2012). Understanding Afghan opinion leaders' viewpoints about post-conflict foreign agricultural development: A case study in Herāt Province, Afghanistan. Journal of International Agricultural and Extension Education. 19(2), 27-38.
- Briers, G. E., Lindner, J. R., Shinn, G. C., Wingenbach, G. W., & Baker, M. T. (2010). Standardization of doctoral study in agricultural and extension education: is the field of study mature enough for achievement of the optimum degree of order?. Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci. 75(1), 153-173.
- Cavinder, C. A., Antilley, T. J., Briers, G., Sigler, D., Davidson, D., & Gibbs, P. G. (2010). Educational value of horsemanship clinics to youth and adult riders. Journal of Extension. 48(6), 1-8.
- Shinn, G. C., Wingenbach, G. J., Briers, G. E., Lindner, J. R., & Baker, M. (2009). Forecasting Doctoral-Level Content in International Agricultural and Extension Education-2010: Viewpoint of Fifteen Engaged International Scholars. Journal of International Agricultural and Extension Education. 16(1), 57-71.
- Shinn, G. C., Wingenbach, G. J., Lindner, J. R., Briers, G. E., & Baker, M. (2009). Redefining Agricultural and Extension Education as a Field of Study: Consensus of Fifteen Engaged International Scholars. Journal of International Agricultural and Extension Education. 16(1), 73-88.
- Householder, D. D., Gibbs, P. G., Potter, G. D., Vigus, G. W., Adamson, H. J., Faries, F. C., ... SOC, E. (1997). Nutrition and feeding of performance horses educational package. 159-164.
- BRIERS, G. E. (1993). EARLY FIELD EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS FOR PRESERVICE AGRICULTURAL EDUCATION MAJORS IN THE UNITED-STATES - A CRITIQUE. 118-118.
awards and honors
chaired theses and dissertations
- Barbeau, Shannon Nicole (2017-08). Raising Guide Dogs for the Blind: A Multi-Case Study of High School Puppy Raisers in FFA Programs. (Master's Thesis)
- Keppler, Katlin Danielle (2017-08). Examining the Aspirations and Expectations of Haitian Eighth Grade Students. (Master's Thesis)
- Pratt, Orry James (2016-05). Adoption Factors and Perceptions of Green Manure and Cover Crop Technologies Among Paraguayan Smallholder Farmers. (Master's Thesis)
- Sanchez Juarez, Diana (2016-05). Let's Hear from Them: Youth Practitioners' Experiences Working With Low-Income Youth. (Master's Thesis)
- Cherry, Audie Lynn (2015-05). A Case Study of the Early Stages of Texas A&M AgriLife Haiti: Identifying Competencies for International Agricultural Development Graduate Students. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Agriculture Education; 2116 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-2116