education and training
- M.A. in Political Science, Indiana University Bloomington - (Bloomington, Indiana, United States)
- A.B. in , Occidental College - (Los Angeles, California, United States)
- Ph.D. in Political Science, Indiana University Bloomington - (Bloomington, Indiana, United States)
- Tucker, H. J. (2014). Visualizing timescape issues in a comparative study of the American states. International Review of Administrative Sciences. 80(3), 533-552.
- Tucker, H. J. (2005). The Use of Consent Calendars in American State Legislatures. Journal of the American Society of Legislative Clerks and Secretaries. 11(1), 13-21.
- Tucker, H. J. (2003). Legislative Logjams Reconsidered. Journal of the American Society of Legislative Clerks and Secretaries. 9(1), 3-6.
- Weber, R. E., Tucker, H. J., & Brace, P. (1991). Vanishing Marginals in State Legislative Elections. Legislative Studies Quarterly. 16(1), 29-47.
- Tucker, H. J. (1989). Legislative Calendars and Workload Management in Texas. Journal of Politics. 51(3), 631-645.
- Tucker, H. J., & Luttbeg, N. R. (2009). Comparing the States and Communities: Politics, Government, and Policy in the United States, 7th Edition. Texas A & M University.
- Tucker, H. J., & Halter, G. M. (1999). Texas Legislative Almanac, 1999. Texas A&M University Press.
- Halter, G. M., & Tucker, H. (1997). Texas Legislative Almanac.
- Tucker, H. J., Zeigler, L. H., & University of Oregon. Center for Educational Policy and Management, .. (1980). Professionals versus the public: attitudes, communication, and response in school districts. Longman.
- Zeigler, L. H., & Tucker, H. J. (1978). The Quest for Responsive Government An Introduction to State and Local Politics. Duxbury Resource Center.
- Tucker, H. J., & Weber, R. E. (1992). Electoral Change in U.S. States: System Versus Constituency Competition. Moncrief, G. F., & Thompson, J. A. (Eds.), Changing Patterns in State Legislative Careers. (pp. 75-86). University of Michigan Press.
- Boss, M. O., Zeigler, H., Tucker, H. J., & Wilson II, L. A. (1976). Professionalism, Community Structure and Decision-Making: School Superintendents and Interest Groups. Gove, S. K., & Wirt, F. M. (Eds.), Political Science and School Politics: The Princes and Pundits. (pp. 39-43). Transaction Publishers.
recent teaching activities
open teaching materials
Texas A&M University; Political Science; 4348 TAMU
College Station, TX 77845-4348