Vulnerable road user safety; roadway safety culture; linguistics and semantics in road safety; driver cognition and attention; transportation planning; traffic safety and crash reduction; design for sustainable transportation; partial/conditional autonomous technology and driver behavior;.
- Ph.D. in Urban Studies, Portland State University - (Portland, Oregon, United States) 2017
- M.S. in Civil Engineering, University of California, Davis - (Davis, California, United States) 2005
- B.S. in Mechanical and Environmental Engineering, University of California, Santa Barbara - (Santa Barbara, California, United States) 2002
- Kim, A. J., Alambeigi, H., Goddard, T., McDonald, A. D., & Anderson, B. A (2021). Bicyclist-evoked arousal and greater attention to bicyclists independently promote safer driving. Cognitive Research: Principles and Implications. 6(1), 66.
- Goddard, T., McDonald, A. D., Alambeigi, H., Kim, A. J., & Anderson, B. A (2020). Unsafe bicyclist overtaking behavior in a simulated driving task: The role of implicit and explicit attitudes.. Accid Anal Prev. 144, 105595-105595.
- Goddard, T., Ralph, K., Thigpen, C. G., & Iacobucci, E (2019). Does news coverage of traffic crashes affect perceived blame and preferred solutions? Evidence from an experiment. Transportation Research Interdisciplinary Perspectives. 3, 100073-100073.
- Ralph, K., Iacobucci, E., Thigpen, C. G., & Goddard, T (2019). Editorial Patterns in Bicyclist and Pedestrian Crash Reporting. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board. 2673(2), 663-671.
- Goddard, T., Handy, S., Cao, X., & Mokhtarian, P (2006). Voyage of the SSMinivan: Women's Travel Behavior in Traditional and Suburban Neighborhoods. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board. 1956(1956), 141-148.
- Goddard, T. (2016). Theorizing bicycle justice using social psychology Examining the intersection of mode and race with the conceptual model of roadway interactions. Golub, A., Hoffmann, M. L., Lugo, A. E., & Sandoval, G. F. (Eds.), Bicycle Justice and Urban Transformation: Biking for all?. 100-113. Routledge.
- Traffic deaths jump for Black Americans who couldn't afford to stay home during COVID The Philadelphia Tribune June 21, 2021
- Does News Coverage Of Crashes Affect Perceived Blame? Texas A&M Today January 27, 2020