My expertise is alcohol-induced impairment and intoxication. Barry's research spans a variety of content areas associated with the assessment and measurement alcohol-related behaviors. Content areas include, but are not limited to, impaired driving and intoxication, protective behavioral strategies to minimize intoxication, and measurement of alcohol-related behaviors (i.e., use of single-item scales, visual cues of intoxication). I also specialize in the health of student service members/veterans in higher education.
- Barry, A. E., Reyes, J., Szucs, L., Goodson, P., & Valdez, D. (2021). Should We Be Confident in Published Research? A Case Study of Confidence Interval Reporting in Health Education and Behavior Research. Health Behavior Research. 4(1),
- Merianos, A. L., Mahabee‐Gittens, E. M., Jacobs, W., Oloruntoba, O., Barry, A. E., & Smith, M. L. (2021). Self‐Perceptions, Normative Beliefs, and Substance Use Associated With High School Girls Comparing Themselves to Peers. Journal of School Health. 91(6), 482-489.
- Mkuu, R., Barry, A., Yonga, G., Nafukho, F., Wernz, C., Gilreath, T., Chowdhury, M., & Shevon Harvey, I. (2021). Prevalence and factors associated with overweight and obesity in Kenya. Preventive Medicine Reports. 22, 101340-101340.
- Pickett, A. C., Valdez, D., & Barry, A. E. (2020). Does It Work for Everyone? The Influence of Demographic Variables on Statistical Reliability.. Health Behavior Research. 3(2),
- Barry, A. E., Primm, K., Russell, H., & Russell, A. M. (2020). Characteristics and Effectiveness of Alcohol Website Age Gates Preventing Underage User Access.. ALCOHOL AND ALCOHOLISM. 56(1), 82-88.
- Barry, A. E., Russell, A. M., & Jackson, Z. A. (2020). Alcohol, tobacco, and drugs. Men’s Health. (pp. 145-157). Routledge.
- Merianos, A. L., Barry, A. E., Oluwoye, O. A., & Jackson, Z. A. (2016). Examining the influence social norms have on binge drinking behavior among adolescents and young adults. Alcohol Consumption: Patterns, Influences and Health Effects. (pp. 65-82).
- Barry, A. E. (2014). Drug Abuse Prevention Programs for Children. Encyclopedia of Primary Prevention and Health Promotion. (pp. 636-647). Springer US.
- Barry, A. E., & Goodson, P. (2009). A Model Assessing Characteristics College Students Associate with Responsible Drinking. SUBSTANCE ABUSE. 30(2), 207-207.
- Barry, A. E., & Goodson, P. (2009). Playing into the Hands of the Alcohol Industry: A Comparative Analysis of Brewer-Sponsored and Scholarly Applications of Responsible Drinking. SUBSTANCE ABUSE. 30(2), 207-208.
- Russell, Alex Michael (2020-08). Methodological Considerations for Alcohol Research Using Social Networks Analysis. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Jackson, Zachary A. (2019-08). An Exploration of Discrimination, Sense of Belonging, and Persistence among Students in Higher Education. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Olusanya, Olufunto Anuoluwa (2018-12). Communication Practices Regarding Alcohol Consumption During Pregnancy: A Cross-Sectional Study of Texas Midwives. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Mkuu, Rahma S (2018-08). SOCIAL AND BEHAVIORAL DETERMINANTS OF NON-COMMUNICABLE DISEASE RISK IN KENYA. (Doctoral Dissertation)