My expertise is alcohol-induced impairment and intoxication. Barry's research spans a variety of content areas associated with the assessment and measurement alcohol-related behaviors. Content areas include, but are not limited to, impaired driving and intoxication, protective behavioral strategies to minimize intoxication, and measurement of alcohol-related behaviors (i.e., use of single-item scales, visual cues of intoxication). I specialize in the health of student service members/veterans in higher education.
- Lin, H., Hu, Y., Barry, A. E., & Russell, A. (2020). Assessing the Associations between Religiosity and Alcohol Use Stages in a Representative U.S. Sample. Substance Use & Misuse. 55(10), 1-7.
- Olusanya, O. O., Wigfall, L. T., Rossheim, M. E., Tomar, A., & Barry, A. E. (2020). Binge drinking, HIV/HPV co-infection risk, and HIV testing: Factors associated with HPV vaccination among young adults in the United States. PREVENTIVE MEDICINE. 134, 106023-106023.
- Barry, A. E., Valdez, D., & Russell, A. M. (2020). Does Religiosity Delay Adolescent Alcohol Initiation? A Long-Term Analysis (2008–2015) of Nationally Representatives Sample of 12th Graders. Substance Use & Misuse. 55(3), 503-511.
- Jacobs, W., Barry, A. E., Merianos, A. L., Becker, K. J., & Valente, T. W. (2020). Gender Differences in Socio‐ecological Determinants of Alcohol Use Among Hispanic Adolescents. JOURNAL OF SCHOOL HEALTH. 90(2), 99-106.
- Patterson, M. S., Russell, A. M., Nelon, J. L., Barry, A. E., & Lanning, B. A. (2020). Using Social Network Analysis to Understand Sobriety among a Campus Recovery Community. Journal of Student Affairs Research and Practice. 1-16.
- Merianos, A. L., Barry, A. E., Oluwoye, O. A., & Jackson, Z. A. (2016). Examining the influence social norms have on binge drinking behavior among adolescents and young adults. Alcohol Consumption: Patterns, Influences and Health Effects. (pp. 65-82).
- Barry, A. E., & Goodson, P. (2009). A Model Assessing Characteristics College Students Associate with Responsible Drinking. SUBSTANCE ABUSE. 30(2), 207-207.
- Barry, A. E., & Goodson, P. (2009). Playing into the Hands of the Alcohol Industry: A Comparative Analysis of Brewer-Sponsored and Scholarly Applications of Responsible Drinking. SUBSTANCE ABUSE. 30(2), 207-208.
- Olusanya, Olufunto Anuoluwa (2018-12). Communication Practices Regarding Alcohol Consumption During Pregnancy: A Cross-Sectional Study of Texas Midwives. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Mkuu, Rahma S (2018-08). SOCIAL AND BEHAVIORAL DETERMINANTS OF NON-COMMUNICABLE DISEASE RISK IN KENYA. (Doctoral Dissertation)