My expertise is alcohol-induced impairment and intoxication. Barry's research spans a variety of content areas associated with the assessment and measurement alcohol-related behaviors. Content areas include, but are not limited to, impaired driving and intoxication, protective behavioral strategies to minimize intoxication, and measurement of alcohol-related behaviors (i.e., use of single-item scales, visual cues of intoxication). I specialize in the health of student service members/veterans in higher education.
- Barry, A. E., & Russell, A. M. (2019). Ease of Access to Alcohol Advertising on Social Networking Sites Makes Influence of Posts and User Comments More Concerning: A Commentary on Noel & Babor (2018).. J Stud Alcohol Drugs. 80(2), 267-268.
- Pickett, A. C., Valdez, D., & Barry, A. E. (2019). Measurement implications associated with refinement of sexual and gender identity survey items: A case study of the National College Health Assessment. Journal of the American College Health Association. 1-7.
- Barry, A. E., Valdez, D., Goodson, P., Szucs, L., & Reyes, J. V. (2019). Moving college health research forward: Reconsidering our reliance on statistical significance testing. Journal of the American College Health Association. 67(3), 01-21.
- Chaney, B. H., Martin, R. J., Barry, A. E., Lee, J., Cremeens-Matthews, J., & Stellefson, M. L. (2019). Pregaming: A Field-Based Investigation of Alcohol Quantities Consumed Prior to Visiting a Bar and Restaurant District. Substance Use & Misuse. 1-7.
- Stellefson, M., Paige, S. R., Barry, A. E., Wang, M. Q., & Apperson, A. (2019). Risk factors associated with physical and mental distress in people who report a COPD diagnosis: latent class analysis of 2016 behavioral risk factor surveillance system data.. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis. 14, 809-822.
- Merianos, A. L., Barry, A. E., Oluwoye, O. A., & Jackson, Z. A. (2016). Examining the influence social norms have on binge drinking behavior among adolescents and young adults. Alcohol Consumption: Patterns, Influences and Health Effects. (pp. 65-82).
- Barry, A. E., & Goodson, P. (2009). A Model Assessing Characteristics College Students Associate with Responsible Drinking. SUBSTANCE ABUSE. 30(2), 207-207.
- Barry, A. E., & Goodson, P. (2009). Playing into the Hands of the Alcohol Industry: A Comparative Analysis of Brewer-Sponsored and Scholarly Applications of Responsible Drinking. SUBSTANCE ABUSE. 30(2), 207-208.
- Olusanya, Olufunto Anuoluwa (2018-12). Communication Practices Regarding Alcohol Consumption During Pregnancy: A Cross-Sectional Study of Texas Midwives. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Mkuu, Rahma S (2018-08). SOCIAL AND BEHAVIORAL DETERMINANTS OF NON-COMMUNICABLE DISEASE RISK IN KENYA. (Doctoral Dissertation)