- Senior Faculty Fellow, Texas A&M AgriLife Research, Texas A&M University
- University Faculty Fellow, Animal Science, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Faculty Fellow, Texas A&M AgriLife Research, Texas A&M University
- Distinguished Professor, Veterinary Integrative Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
- Distinguished Professor, Nutrition, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Dr. Wu teaches graduate courses in protein metabolism and nutritional biochemistry. He conducts research in protein and amino acid metabolism at molecular, cellular, and whole body levels . The animal models used in his research include cattle, chicks, pigs, rats, sheep, fish, and shrimp. He has also conducted research on amino acid nutrition in humans.
- M.S. in Animal Nutrition, China Agricultural University - (Beijing, China)
- B.S. in Animal Science, South China Agricultural University - (Guangzhou, China)
- McGill University Health Centre - (Montreal, Quebec, Canada), Postdoctoral Training
- Ph.D. in Animal Biochemistry, University of Alberta - (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada)
- M.S. in Animal Biochemistry, University of Alberta - (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada)
- Memorial University of Newfoundland - (St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada), Postdoctoral Training
- Dillon, E. L., & Wu, G. (2021). Cortisol enhances citrulline synthesis from proline in enterocytes of suckling piglets. Amino Acids. 53(12), 1957-1966.
- Ogilvie, A. R., Watford, M., Wu, G., Sukumar, D., Kwon, J., & Shapses, S. A. (2021). Decreased fasting serum glucogenic amino acids with a higher compared to normal protein diet during energy restriction in women: a randomized controlled trial. Amino Acids. 53(9), 1467-1472.
- Orzabal, M. R., Naik, V. D., Lee, J., Wu, G., & Ramadoss, J. (2021). Impact of gestational electronic cigarette vaping on amino acid signature profile in the pregnant mother and the fetus. Metabolism Open. 11, 100107-100107.
- Hu, S., He, W., & Wu, G. (2021). Hydroxyproline in animal metabolism, nutrition, and cell signaling. Amino Acids. 1-16.
- Posey, E. A., Bazer, F. W., & Wu, G. (2021). Amino Acids and Their Metabolites for Improving Human Exercising Performance. Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology. 1332, 151-166.
- Wu, G. (2021). Amino Acids: Biochemistry and Nutrition, 2nd Edition. CRC Press.
- Wu, G. (2013). Amino acids: Biochemistry and nutrition, first edition. CRC Press.
- Wu, G., & Meininger, C. J. (2008). Analysis of citrulline, arginine, and methylarginines using high-performance liquid chromatography.. Elsevier.
- Sarkar, T. R., McNeal, C. J., Meininger, C. J., Niu, Y., Mallick, B. K., Carroll, R. J., & Wu, G. (2021). Dietary Intakes of Amino Acids and Other Nutrients by Adult Humans. MATHEMATICAL MODELLING IN EXPERIMENTAL NUTRITION. Wu, G.. (Eds.), Amino Acids in Nutrition and Health. Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology. 211-227. Springer International Publishing.
- Dai, Z., Cui, L. u., Li, J. u., Wang, B., Guo, L., Wu, Z., Zhu, W., & Wu, G. (2020). Fermentation techniques in feed production. Animal Agriculture. 407-429. Elsevier.
- Wu, G. (2020). Management of metabolic disorders (including metabolic diseases) in ruminant and nonruminant animals. Animal Agriculture. 471-491. Elsevier.
- Botchlett, R., Lawler, J. M., & Wu, G. (2019). l-Arginine and l-Citrulline in Sports Nutrition and Health. Nutrition and Enhanced Sports Performance. 645-652. Elsevier.
- Martinez, R. E., Leatherwood, J. L., Bradbery, A. N., Much, M. L., Silvers, B. L., Posey, E. A., Nawaratna, G. I., & Wu, G. (2020). 103 Equine enterocytes actively oxidize L-glutamine but do not synthesize L-citrulline and L-arginine from L-glutamine or L-proline in vitro. Journal of Animal Science. 98(Supplement_4), 90-91.
- Wu, G., Gilbreath, K., Bazer, F., Satterfield, M., & Cleere, J. (2018). Dietary supplementation with an arginine product between Days 1 and 60 of gestation enhances embryonic survival in lactating beef cows. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 96, 373-373.
- Yi, D., Xu, H., Hou, Y., Wang, L., Zhao, D., Wu, T., Ding, B., & Wu, G. (2018). Effects of dietary supplementation with alpha-terpineol on growth performance and intestinal functions in piglets challenged with recombinant E. coli strain LMG194-STa. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 96, 484-484.
- Wu, G. (2018). Endogenous synthesis of amino acids is insufficient for animal lactation, reproduction and growth. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 96, 386-386.
- Zhu, C., Jiang, Z., Bazer, F., Johnson, G., Burghardt, R., & Wu, G. (2018). Expression of AQP 1, 3, 5, and 9 in the porcine placenta and uterine endometrium during the estrous cycle and gestation. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 96, 482-483.
- (2020). Amino Acids in Nutrition and Health Amino acids in systems function and health. Springer Nature.
- (2020). Animal Agriculture. Academic Press. XV-XVI.
- (2020). Animal Agriculture Sustainability, Challenges and Innovations. Elsevier.
- Japanese maker pushes umami overhaul for much-maligned MSG Medical XPress January 22, 2020
- Amino acids in plant- versus animal-sourced foods examined Feedstuffs September 4, 2019
- Prenatal exposure to air pollution and offspring development Science Media Centre May 28, 2019
- U.S. decline in meat protein consumption raises concern for Texas A&M scientist Fed by Science December 1, 2016
- High-quality protein essential for optimal growth, development and health in humans MedicalExpress.com April 12, 2016
- Nutrition, Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Training Grant awarded by DHHS-NIH-National Cancer Institute 2013 - 2021
- Highly Cited Researcher conferred by Thomson Reuters - (New York, New York, United States) 2015
- Highly Cited Researcher conferred by Thomson Reuters - (New York, New York, United States) 2014
- Outstanding Distinguished Scientist Award conferred by Sigma Xi - (Durham, North Carolina, United States) - Texas A&M Chapter 2013
- Dahanayaka, Sudath Anilaka (2016-08). Isolation and Characterization of Porcine Mammary Epithelial Cells from Non-Lactating and Non-Pregnant Gilt. (Master's Thesis)
- Wang, Xiaoqiu (2015-12). Functional Roles of Histotroph (Arginine, Secreted Phosphoprotein 1, and Fructose) in Trophectoderm Development in Mammalian Conceptuses during the Peri-Implantation Period of Pregnancy. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Rezaei, Reza (2015-05). Nutritional and Regulatory Roles for Branched-Chain Amino Acids in Milk Production by Lactating Sows. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Li, Xilong (2011-12). Regulation of Porcine Conceptus Survival and Growth by L-arginine. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Rezaei, Reza (2010-12). Nutritional Modulations of Piglet Growth and Survival. (Master's Thesis)