- Faculty Fellow, Texas A&M AgriLife Research
- Distinguished Professor, Animal Science, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Distinguished Professor, Nutrition and Food Science, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Distinguished Professor, Veterinary Integrative Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
Dr. Wu teaches graduate courses in protein metabolism and nutritional biochemistry. He conducts research in protein and amino acid metabolism at molecular, cellular, and whole body levels . The animal models used in his research include cattle, chicks, pigs, rats, and sheep.
- M.S. in Animal Nutrition, China Agricultural University - (Beijing, China)
- B.S. in Animal Science, South China Agricultural University - (Guangzhou, China)
- Ph.D. in Animal Biochemistry, University of Alberta - (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada)
- M.S. in Animal Biochemistry, University of Alberta - (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada)
- Li, P., & Wu, G. (2020). Composition of amino acids and related nitrogenous nutrients in feedstuffs for animal diets. AMINO ACIDS. 52(4), 523-542.
- Wu, G., Brown, J., Zamora, M. L., Miller, A., Satterfield, M. C., Meininger, C. J., ... Zhang, R. (2019). Adverse organogenesis and predisposed long-term metabolic syndrome from prenatal exposure to fine particulate matter. PROCEEDINGS OF THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA-BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES. 116(24), 11590-11595.
- Lee, U., Garcia, T. P., Carroll, R. J., Gilbreath, K. R., & Wu, G. (2019). Analysis of repeated measures data in nutrition research.. Front Biosci (Landmark Ed). 24(7), 1377-1389.
- Hou, Y., He, W., Hu, S., & Wu, G. (2019). Composition of polyamines and amino acids in plant-source foods for human consumption. AMINO ACIDS.
- Fan, X., Li, S., Wu, Z., Dai, Z., Li, J. u., Wang, X., & Wu, G. (2019). Glycine supplementation to breast-fed piglets attenuates post-weaning jejunal epithelial apoptosis: a functional role of CHOP signaling. AMINO ACIDS. 51(3), 463-473.
- Wu, G. (2013). Amino acids: Biochemistry and nutrition. CRC Press.
- Blachier, F., Wu, G., & Yin, Y. (2013). Preface. Springer Vienna.
- Wu, G., & Meininger, C. J. (2008). Analysis of citrulline, arginine, and methylarginines using high-performance liquid chromatography. Elsevier.
- Blachier, F., Coeffier, M., Zhu, W. Y., Mu, C., Yang, Y., Wu, G., ... Yin, Y. (2017). Glutamine and intestinal physiology and pathology. Glutamine: Biochemistry, Physiology, and Clinical Applications. (pp. 137-148). CRC Press.
- Hou, T. Y., McMurray, D. N., & Chapkin, R. S. (2017). Omega-3 fatty acids and T-cell responses. Nutrition, Immunity, and Infection. (pp. 295-314). CRC Press.
- Wang, X., Wu, G., & Bazer, F. W. (2016). mTOR: The Master Regulator of Conceptus Development in Response to Uterine Histotroph During Pregnancy in Ungulates. Molecules to Medicine with mTOR: Translating Critical Pathways into Novel Therapeutic Strategies. (pp. 23-32). Elsevier.
- (2015). Endotoxemia and glutamine. Glutamine in Clinical Nutrition. (pp. 125-139). Springer New York.
- Wu, G. (2013). Arginine and immune function. Diet, Immunity and Inflammation. (pp. 523-543). Elsevier.
- Lunde-Young, R., Davis-Anderson, K., Naik, V., Nemec, M., Wu, G., & Ramadoss, J. (2017). BINGE ALCOHOL EXPOSURE DURING PREGNANCY ALTERS REGIONAL FETAL RAT BRAIN AMINO ACID PROFILE. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 41, 129A-129A.
- Rezaei, R., Lei, J., & Wu, G. (2017). Dietary supplementation with Yucca schidigera extract alleviates heat stress-induced growth restriction in chickens.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 95(suppl_4), 370-371.
- Wang, T., Hasan, M. S., Wu, G., Crenshaw, M. A., & Liao, S. F. (2017). Effects of dietary lysine supply on plasma concentrations of growth-related hormones in late-stage finishing pigs. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 95(suppl_4), 205-206.
- Zhang, L., Dai, Z., Zhu, W., Wu, Z., & Wu, G. (2017). Effects of plant extracts on amino acid metabolism in pig small-intestinal bacteria in vitro.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 95(suppl_4), 343-343.
- Long, D. W., Wu, N., He, W., Nawaratna, G., Long, B. D., Bin, W., Hu, S., & Wu, G. (2017). Oral administration of L-arginine hydrochloride to low-birth-weight piglets improves their growth and survival.. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 95(suppl_4), 57-57.
- Highly Cited Researcher conferred by Thomson Reuters - (New York, New York, United States) 2015
- Highly Cited Researcher conferred by Thomson Reuters - (New York, New York, United States) 2014
- Dahanayaka, Sudath Anilaka (2016-08). Isolation and Characterization of Porcine Mammary Epithelial Cells from Non-Lactating and Non-Pregnant Gilt. (Master's Thesis)
- Wang, Xiaoqiu (2015-12). Functional Roles of Histotroph (Arginine, Secreted Phosphoprotein 1, and Fructose) in Trophectoderm Development in Mammalian Conceptuses during the Peri-Implantation Period of Pregnancy. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Rezaei, Reza (2015-05). Nutritional and Regulatory Roles for Branched-Chain Amino Acids in Milk Production by Lactating Sows. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Li, Xilong (2011-12). Regulation of Porcine Conceptus Survival and Growth by L-arginine. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Rezaei, Reza (2010-12). Nutritional Modulations of Piglet Growth and Survival. (Master's Thesis)