Bayesian nonparametrics, contingency tables, covariance estimation, factor models, Gaussian process regression, high-dimensional data, network data, shrinkage priors, tensor decompositions, variable selection
education and training
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Duke University - (Durham, North Carolina, United States) 2012
- M.S. in Statistics, Indian Statistical Institute - (Kolkata, India) 2008
- B.S. in Statistics, Indian Statistical Institute - (Kolkata, India) 2006
- Johndrow, J. E., Bhattacharya, A., & Dunson, D. B. (2017). TENSOR DECOMPOSITIONS AND SPARSE LOG-LINEAR MODELS. Annals of Statistics. 45(1), 1-38.
- Bhattacharya, A., Chakraborty, A., & Mallick, B. K. (2016). Fast sampling with Gaussian scale-mixture priors in high-dimensional regression.. BIOMETRIKA. 103(4), 985-991.
- Zhou, J., Herring, A. H., Bhattacharya, A., Olshan, A. F., Dunson, D. B., & Prevention, N. (2016). Nonparametric Bayes Modeling for Case Control Studies with Many Predictors. BIOMETRICS. 72(1), 184-192.
- Bhattacharya, A., Dunson, D. B., Pati, D., & Pillai, N. S. (2016). Sub-optimality of some continuous shrinkage priors. STOCHASTIC PROCESSES AND THEIR APPLICATIONS. 126(12), 3828-3842.
- Pati, D., & Bhattacharya, A. (2015). Adaptive Bayesian inference in the Gaussian sequence model using exponential-variance priors. Statistics & Probability Letters. 103, 100-104.
- Chowdhury, A. S., Bhattacharya, A., Bhandarkar, S. M., Datta, G. S., Yu, J. C., & Figueroa, R. (2007). Hairline fracture detection using MRF and gibbs sampling. Proceedings - IEEE Workshop on Applications of Computer Vision, WACV 2007.
awards and honors
chaired theses and dissertations
- Chakraborty, Antik (2018-08). Bayesian Shrinkage: Computation, Methods and Theory. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Shin, Minsuk (2017-08). Priors for Bayesian Shrinkage and High-Dimensional Model Selection. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Department Of Statistics; 3143 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3143