Bayesian nonparametrics, contingency tables, covariance estimation, factor models, Gaussian process regression, high-dimensional data, network data, shrinkage priors, tensor decompositions, variable selection
education and training
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Duke University - (Durham, North Carolina, United States) 2012
- M.S. in Statistics, Indian Statistical Institute - (Kolkata, India) 2008
- B.S. in Statistics, Indian Statistical Institute - (Kolkata, India) 2006
- Johndrow, J. E., Bhattacharya, A., & Dunson, D. B. (2017). Tensor decompositions and sparse log-linear models. Annals of Statistics. 45(1), 1-38.
- Bhattacharya, A., Dunson, D. B., Pati, D., & Pillai, N. S. (2016). Sub-optimality of some continuous shrinkage priors. Stochastic Processes and their Applications. 126(12), 3828-3842.
- Bhattacharya, A., Chakraborty, A., & Mallick, B. K. (2016). Fast sampling with Gaussian scale-mixture priors in high-dimensional regression.. BIOMETRIKA. 103(4), 985-991.
- Pati, D., Bhattacharya, A., & Cheng, G. (2015). Optimal Bayesian Estimation in Random Covariate Design with a Rescaled Gaussian Process Prior. Journal of Machine Learning Research. 16, 2837-2851.
- Zhou, J., Bhattacharya, A., Herring, A. H., & Dunson, D. B. (2015). Bayesian Factorizations of Big Sparse Tensors. Journal of the American Statistical Association. 110(512), 1562-1576.
- Chowdhury, A. S., Bhattacharya, A., Bhandarkar, S. M., Datta, G. S., Yu, J. C., & Figueroa, R. (2007). Hairline Fracture Detection using MRF and Gibbs Sampling. 2011 IEEE Workshop on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV). 1-6.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Zhou, Shuang (2020-08). Semi-Parametric Bayesian Function Estimation Using Gaussian Process Transformations. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Acharyya, Satwik (2020-08). Case Studies in Hierarchical Bayesian Modeling. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Larsen, Allyson Elaine (2020-08). Approximation Schemes to Simplify Posterior Computation. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Chakraborty, Antik (2018-08). Bayesian Shrinkage: Computation, Methods and Theory. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Shin, Minsuk (2017-08). Priors for Bayesian Shrinkage and High-Dimensional Model Selection. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Department Of Statistics; 3143 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3143