Zheng Ye (Lan) Yang is a Professor and Head of Document Delivery Services, which is generally known as \"Get It For Me.\" Lan is an active member of the American Library Association and several divisions relating to resource sharing and document delivery.
Lan has developed innovative and increasingly responsive services for faculty and students at Texas A&M that have become models for other institutions. In addition to the traditional Interlibrary Loan services of getting materials not held locally, free scanning of documents from our own collection began in 2004. In Fall 2009, Get It For Me began delivering books to faculty mailboxes through campus mail. Because of her pioneering services, Lan is frequently called upon to consult with peer institutions and has been invited to give the Keynote Addresses for the Wisconsin and New York Interlibrary Loan Conferences.
Lan's research interests have always complemented her job responsibilities. Before heading Document Delivery, Lan was a reference librarian and her research centered on liaison activities to faculty. In her current position, her research concentrates on user satisfaction, management of document delivery, resource sharing services, and improvement of services.
- Yang, Z. Y. (2018). Change your Service Policies Based on your Data. Journal of Interlibrary Loan, Document Delivery & Information Supply.
- Yang, Z. Y., & Xiao, D. (2017). Chinese American Librarians in American Research Libraries: A Profile. Chinese Librarianship. 43, 1-17.
- Yang, Z. Y. (2015). Cross-Train Your New Hire With a Plan and Schedule. Journal of Interlibrary Loan, Document Delivery & Information Supply. 25(3-5), 107-115.
- Yang, Z., & Li, Y. u. (2015). University Faculty Awareness and Attitudes towards Open Access Publishing and the Institutional Repository: A Case Study. Journal of Librarianship and Scholarly Communication. 3(1), 1210-1210.
- Yang, Z. Y., Hahn, D., & Thornton, E. (2012). Meeting Our Customers' Expectations: A Follow-Up Customer Satisfaction Survey After 10 Years of Free Document Delivery and Interlibrary Loan Services at Texas A&M University Libraries. Journal of Interlibrary Loan, Document Delivery & Information Supply. 22(2), 95-110.
- Yang, Z. Y. (2010). Users' Needs in Today's Library Environment. 105-109.
- Yang, Z. Y. (2006). Give our Library Student Workers a Chance to Voice Their Opinions. 120-124.
- Yang, Z. Y. (2004). Free Desktop Document Delivery Service to All Library Users - a U.S. Flagship Academic Library's Success Story. 265-268.