My research is focused on teaching and learning in both formal and non formal settings. This includes topics related to experiential and service learning in international settings, the use of technology for teaching and learning, community engagement and resiliency, and impact evaluation. I often use participatory action research within the qualitative research paradigm.
- Ph.D. in Educational Human Resource Development, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1995
- M.Ed. in Educational Curriculum and Instruction, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1987
- B.S. in Educational Curriculum and Instruction, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1984
- Dobbins, C. E., Edgar, L. D., & Dooley, K. E. (2021). Facilitating the Scholarship of Discovery: Using the Mini-Ethnographic Case Study Design. Journal of Experiential Education. 44(4), 395-408.
- Lee, C., Strong, R., & Dooley, K. E. (2021). Analyzing Precision Agriculture Adoption across the Globe: A Systematic Review of Scholarship from 19992020. Sustainability. 13(18), 10295-10295.
- Strong, R., Dooley, K., Murphrey, T., Strong, J., Elbert, C., & Baker, M. (2021). The EVAL framework: Developing impact evaluation scholars. Advancements in Agricultural Development. 2(3), 1-13.
- Dobbins, C., Gibson, K., Edgar, L., & Dooley, K. (2020). Lived Experiences during International Service Learning: A Semiotic Analysis of Photo Journals. Journal of International Agricultural and Extension Education. 27(3), 88-102.
- Dooley, K., Dobbins, C., Edgar, L., Borges, B., Jones, S., Hernandez, J., & Birnbaum, A. (2020). A cross case synthesis of the social and economic development of three Guatemalan coffee cooperatives. Advancements in Agricultural Development. 1(1), 1-13.
- Dooley, K. E., Pesl Murphrey, T., Lindner, J. R., & Murphy, T. H. (2009). Faculty Competencies and Incentives for Teaching in E-Learning Environments. Encyclopedia of Information Science and Technology, Second Edition. 1527-1531. IGI Global.
- Dooley, K. E., Linder, J. R., Elbert, C., Murphy, T. H., & Murphrey, T. P (2005). Faculty Perceptions and Participation in Distance Education. Mehdi Khosrow-Pour, D. (Eds.), Encyclopedia of Information Science and Technology, First Edition. 1186-1189. IGI Global.
- Sandlin, M. R., Murphrey, T. P., Dooley, K. E., Lindner, J. R., Lombardini, L., & Lineberger, D. (2013). Extending the International Experience into the Horticulture Classroom: The Creation and Use of Reusable Learning Objects (RLOs). HORTSCIENCE. 48(9), S23-S24.
- Aboukinane, C., Moriasi, D., Kenimer, A., Dooley, K., & DUPE Linder, J. (2013). Fostering Creativity in Engineering Education through Experiential and Team-based Learning. 2013 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition Proceedings, 2013 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition. 23.613.1-23.613.25.
- Sandlin, M. R., Odom, S. F., Lindner, J. R., & Dooley, K. E. (2012). Developing a global leadership perspective through the use of student-created reusable learning objects. Journal of Leadership Studies. 6(1), 79-84.
- Food for Progress Monitoring and Evaluation Sustainability awarded by USDA-Foreign Agricultural Service 2018 - 2022
- Whitney, Katherine Lee (2017-08). Measuring Knowledge Gain and Customer Satisfaction of Iraqi Extension Agents. (Master's Thesis)
- Capeheart, Megan Lenay (2015-12). Effects of the Texas 4-H Equine Ambassador Short Course on 4-H Youth and the Perceived Impact on Equine Production Knowledge, Career Awareness and Professional Development. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Sandifeer, Aimee (2014-12). Describing the Use of Microsoft(R) Lync(TM) in the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service among County Extension Agents. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Chatterjee, Aparupa (2014-08). Using Performance-Based Arts as a Delivery Strategy in International Agricultural Development. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Luckett, Meghan (2013-05). The Process and Consequences of the Diffusion of Avocado and Drumstick Trees into the Lives of Rural Women in Hazaribag, India after an Agricultural and Nutrition Training Program. (Doctoral Dissertation)