Dr. Woodward's research is in the general area of environmental and resource economics. Recent research projects have focused on the use of transferable permits to address water quality and fisheries problems and problems of choice under uncertainty.
- Ph.D. in Agricultural and Applied Economics, University of Wisconsin - Madison - (Madison, Wisconsin, United States) 1997
- M.A. in Agricultural Economics, University of Wisconsin - Madison - (Madison, Wisconsin, United States) 1994
- B.A. in Economics (Cum Laude and Highest Honors), Middlebury College - (Middlebury (village), Vermont, United States) 1984
- Newburn, D. A., & Woodward, R. T. (2012). An Ex Post Evaluation of Ohio’s Great Miami Water Quality Trading Program1. Journal of the American Water Resources Association. 48(1), 156-169.
- Griffin, W. L., & Woodward, R. T. (2011). Determining policy-efficient management strategies in fisheries using data envelopment analysis (DEA). MARINE POLICY. 35(4), 496-507.
- Woodward, R. T. (2011). Double-dipping in environmental markets. JOURNAL OF ENVIRONMENTAL ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT. 61(2), 153-169.
- Freeman, M. A., & Woodward, R. T. (2010). Sequential License Buyback Auctions: An Experimental Analysis. MARINE RESOURCE ECONOMICS. 25(4), 355-372.
- Baker, J., Shaw, W. D., Riddel, M., & Woodward, R. T. (2009). Changes in subjective risks of hurricanes as time passes: analysis of a sample of Katrina evacuees. Journal of Risk Research. 12(1), 59-74.
- Woodward, R. T., Kaiser, R. A., & Wicks, A. B. (2002). THE STRUCTURE AND PRACTICE OF WATER QUALITY TRADING MARKETS1. Journal of the American Water Resources Association. 38(4), 967-979.
- Woodward, R. T. (1998). Should agricultural and resource economists care that the subjective expected hypothesis is false?. American Journal of Agricultural Economics. 80(5), 1180-1180.
- Williamson, Kendra May (2016-12). An Empirically- and Theoretically-based Model of the Market for Pollination Services. (Master's Thesis)
- Huang, Pei (2015-08). Three Essays on Economic and Societal Implications of Decadal Climate Variability and Fishery Management. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Pancharatnam, Padmaja (2014-08). Three Essays on the Relationship between Economic Development and Environmental Quality. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Mezzatesta, Mariano (2012-08). Essays on the Effectiveness of Environmental Conservation and Water Management Policies. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Blunt, Emily Ann (2012-08). Protection Motivation Theory and Consumer Willingness-to-Pay, in the Case of Post-Harvest Processed Gulf Oysters. (Master's Thesis)
- Feng, Siyi (2012-05). Three Essays On Agricultural and Forestry Offsets In Climate Change Mitigation. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Colin Castillo, Sergio (2011-12). Measuring the Potential to Adopt Self Governance for the Management of a Common Pool Resource. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Mamula, Aaron T. (2009-05). License Buyback Programs in Commercial Fisheries: An Application to the Shrimp Fishery in the Gulf of Mexico. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Han, Man Seung (2008-05). Environmentally related water trading, transfers and environmental flows: welfare, water demand and flows. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Nguyen, To Ngoc (2008-05). Essays on econometric modeling of subjective perceptions of risks in environment and human health. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Zilverberg, Cody John (2007-05). Agriculture, technology, and conflict. (Master's Thesis)
- Kim, Hwa Nyeon (2003-05). Transferable rights in a recreational fishery: an application to the red snapper fishery in the Gulf of Mexico. (Doctoral Dissertation)