Modeling and simulations of irradiation effects in nuclear materials, Multi-scale modeling of materials, co-evolution of microstructure and physical properties of materials under extreme conditions.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Nuclear Engineering, Purdue University - (West Lafayette, Indiana, United States) 2015
- M.S. in Materials Science, Florida State University - (Tallahassee, Florida, United States) 2011
- B.S. in Nuclear Engineering, Alexandria University - (Alexandria, Egypt) 2008
- Ahmed, K., & El-Azab, A. (2018). An analysis of two classes of phase field models for void growth and coarsening in irradiated crystalline solids. Materials Theory. 2(1),
- Aagesen, L. K., Gao, Y., Schwen, D., & Ahmed, K. (2018). Grand-potential-based phase-field model for multiple phases, grains, and chemical components. PHYSICAL REVIEW E. 98(2),
- Ahmed, K., Tonks, M., Zhang, Y., Biner, B., & El-Azab, A. (2017). Particle-grain boundary interactions: A phase field study. COMPUTATIONAL MATERIALS SCIENCE. 134, 25-37.
- Aagesen, L. K., Schwen, D., Ahmed, K., & Tonks, M. R. (2017). Quantifying elastic energy effects on interfacial energy in the Kim-Kim-Suzuki phase-field model with different interpolation schemes. COMPUTATIONAL MATERIALS SCIENCE. 140, 10-21.
- Ahmed, K., Allen, T., & El-Azab, A. (2016). Phase field modeling for grain growth in porous solids. JOURNAL OF MATERIALS SCIENCE. 51(3), 1261-1277.
- Ahmed, K., & El-Azab, A. (2018). Phase-Field Modeling of Microstructure Evolution in Nuclear Materials. Andreoni, W., & Yip, S. (Eds.), Handbook of Materials Modeling: Applications: Current and Emerging Materials. (pp. 1-21). Springer International Publishing.
Texas A&M University; Nuclear Engineering; 3133 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3133