Dr. Outlaw frequently interacts with members of Congress and key agricultural committee staff to provide feedback on the likely consequences of agricultural policy changes. His extension education and applied research activities are focused on assessing the impacts of farm programs, risk management tools, renewable energy, and climate change legislation on U.S. agricultural operations.
- Ph.D. in Agricultural Economics, Texas A&M University at Qatar - (Doha, Qatar) 1992
- M.S. in Agricultural Economics, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1988
- B.S. in Agricultural Economics, Texas A&M University - Texarkana - (Texarkana, Texas, United States) 1987
- Johnson, M. D., Rutland, C. T., Richardson, J. W., Outlaw, J. L., & Nixon, C. J. (2016). Greenhouse Gas Emissions from U.S. Grain Farms. Journal of Crop Improvement. 30(4), 447-477.
- Richardson, J. W., Outlaw, J. L., & Allison, M. (2010). The economics of microalgae oil. AgBioForum. 13(2), 119-130.
- Outlaw, J. L., Knutson, R. D., Schwart, R. B., Holt, J., Richardson, J. W., & Garis, D. H. (1991). Impact of reducing Federal Order Class I differential on repesentative Texas and New Mexico dairy farms. Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics. 23(2), 19-27.
- Bryant, H. L., Lu, J., Richardson, J. W., & Outlaw, J. L. (2012). Long-Term Effects of Increasing Ethanol Production on Agricultural Markets and Trade, Land Use, and Food Security. L. Bryant, H., Lu, J., W. Richardson, J., & L. Outlaw, J. (Eds.), The Economics of Alternative Energy Sources and Globalization. 126-138. BENTHAM SCIENCE PUBLISHERS.
- Richardson, J. W., Outlaw, J. L., & Schumann, K. (2010). Kernal density functions to estimate parameters to simulate stochastic variables with sparse data: what is the best distribution?. Risk Analysis VII, RISK ANALYSIS 2010. 1, 3-12.
- Raulston, J. M., Knapek, G. M., Outlaw, J. L., & Richardson, J. W. (2009). "Farm-Level Impacts of 2008 Farm Bill Payment Limit Rules and Adjusted Gross Income Eligibility Criteria.". JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL AND RESOURCE ECONOMICS. 34(3), 551-551.
- Herbst, B. K., Anderson, D. P., Outlaw, J. L., & Richardson, J. W. (2009). "Potential Ramifications of the EPA Dairy Cow Tax.". JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL AND RESOURCE ECONOMICS. 34(3), 551-551.
- Raulston, J. M., Knapek, G. M., Richardson, J. W., Outlaw, J. L., & Allison, M. (2008). "An Examination of Increases in CRP Rental Rates Necessary to Keep Land Enrolled in the Western US". JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL AND RESOURCE ECONOMICS. 33(3), 496-496.
- Herbst, B. K., Richardson, J. W., Outlaw, J. L., Anderson, D. P., & Brown, D. S. (2008). "Comparison of MILC: Current Law vs. 2008 Senate Farm Bill Proposal.". JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL AND RESOURCE ECONOMICS. 33(3), 497-497.
- New opportunity for farmers? Capture carbon and sell credits Research@Texas A&M June 2, 2021
- Texas A&M report outlines new Food Assistance Program AgriLife Today May 28, 2020
- Texas specialty crop sector hit hard by COVID-19 AgriLife Today May 21, 2020
- Texas' agricultural losses from pandemic could reach $8 billion Research @ Texas A&M May 13, 2020
- Mazurkiewicz, Stephanie Diane (2015-08). Evaluation of Texas-Farmer Choices For The 2014 U.S. Farm Bill. (Master's Thesis)
- Chammoun, Christopher James (2012-08). Production Model and Consumer Preferences for Texas Pecans. (Master's Thesis)
- Schuchard, Laura Mae (2011-08). Examining the Economic Implications and Considerations for Continued Involvement in the Conservation Reserve Program in Texas. (Master's Thesis)
- Higgins, Lindsey Marie (2005-05). An assessment of the equitability of farm program payments. (Master's Thesis)
- McAllister, Kristen Dawn (2003-05). Economic assessment of small-scale electricity generation from wind. (Master's Thesis)