- Graduate Faculty, Educational Psychology, College of Education and Human Development
- Faculty Affiliate, Institute for Engineering Education and Innovation
- Director, Center for Teaching Excellence
As Director for the Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE) at Texas A&M University since August 2016, Dr. Debra Fowler works closely with the Dean of Faculties Office as well as academic administrators and faculty to assess the organizational program needs in teaching. Her role also consists of handling the day-to-day operations of the CTE. The content areas for which she provides programming include: program design and (re)design, interdisciplinary teaching and learning, and promoting critical thinking and inquiry skills.
- B.S. in Chemistry, South Dakota School of Mines and Technology - (Rapid City, South Dakota, United States)
- Ph.D. in Interdisciplinary Engineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States)
- Winkelmann, K., Keeney-Kennicutt, W., Fowler, D., Lazo Macik, M., Perez Guarda, P., & Joan Ahlborn, C. (2020). Learning gains and attitudes of students performing chemistry experiments in an immersive virtual world. Interactive Learning Environments. 28(5), 1-15.
- Patterson, C. A., Chang, C., Lavadia, C. N., Pardo, M. L., Fowler, D. A., & Butler-Purry, K. (2019). Transforming doctoral education: preparing multidimensional and adaptive scholars. Studies in Graduate and Postdoctoral Education. 11(1), 17-34.
- Arroyave, R., Shields, S., Chang, C., Fowler, D., Malak, R., & Allaire, D. (2018). Interdisciplinary Research on Designing Engineering Material Systems: Results from a National Science Foundation Workshop. Journal of Mechanical Design, Transactions of the ASME. 140(11), 110801-110801.
- Winkelmann, K., Keeney-Kennicutt, W., Fowler, D., & Macik, M. (2017). Development, Implementation, and Assessment of General Chemistry Lab Experiments Performed in the Virtual World of Second Life. JOURNAL OF CHEMICAL EDUCATION. 94(7), 849-858.
- Cherrstrom, C. A., Richardson, R., Fowler, D., Autenrieth, R., & Zoran, M. J. (2017). Creating Teaching Opportunities for STEM Future Faculty Development. Journal of STEM Teacher Education. 52(1), 55-69.
- Dunlap, K., Early, L., Fowler, D., & Wickersham, T. (2019). Developing foundational courses to support undergraduate student success in animal science departmental core curriculum. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 97, 179-180.
- Dunlap, K. A., Early, L., Fowler, D., & Wickersham, T. A. (2019). 135 Developing foundational courses to support undergraduate student success in animal science departmental core curriculum. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 97(Supplement_1), 79-80.
- Chang, C., Patterson, C. A., Lavadia, C., Fowler, D., & Arroyave, R. (2019). Showcasing Interdisciplinary Capabilities: Employers’ Perceptions on Reflective ePortfolios.
- Early, N., Fowler, D., Dunlap, K., & Wickersham, T. (2018). Aligning Undergraduate Animal Science Curriculum with Current Disciplinary Vision. JOURNAL OF ANIMAL SCIENCE. 96, 499-500.
- Lavadia, C., Chang, C., & Fowler, D. (2018). Student and Faculty Perspectives on Effectiveness of an Interdisciplinary Graduate Engineering Program. 2016 IEEE FRONTIERS IN EDUCATION CONFERENCE (FIE). 00, 1-7.