- Assistant Professor, Small Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
I am most interested in developing a career path in translational research, allowing me to bridge basic science findings to practical applications in the clinic in order to enhance the care and well-being of veterinary patients. As a comparative ophthalmologist, my professional interests are broadened by the wide variety of clinically-relevant ocular conditions encountered in canine, feline, equine and exotic animal species. This includes advancements in the treatment of cataracts, diseases of the retina, and pathogenesis of glaucoma with a strong emphasis in ocular pathology. By linking the clinical features of ocular disease with their associated histopathologic changes, I can provide a unique perspective in the interpretation and understanding of ocular disease processes in veterinary patients and their relevance to comparable human disorders.
- University of Wisconsin - Madison - (Madison, Wisconsin, United States), Medical Residency 2015
- V.M.D. in Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania - (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States) 2010
- B.S. in Biology, Georgetown University - (Washington D.C., District of Columbia, United States) 2004
- Presby, J. A., Scott, E. M., Norman, K. N., Hoppes, S. M., & Tizard, I. (2020). Normative ocular data for juvenile and adult Japanese quail (Coturnix japonica). Vet Ophthalmol.
- Dowler, K. K., Scott, E. M., Teixeira, L., & Vallone, L. V. (2019). Cactus-induced keratoconjunctivitis in Texas: A case series of three dogs and one cat. Vet Ophthalmol.
- Scott, E. M., Schlesener, B. N., Shaw, G. C., & Teixeira, L. (2019). Canine ocular and periocular snakebites requiring enucleation: A report of 19 cases.. Vet Ophthalmol. 22(5), 666-673.
- Visser, H. E., Dees, D. D., Millichamp, N. J., Vallone, L. V., & Scott, E. M. (2019). Effect of orally administered melatonin on intraocular pressure of ophthalmologically normal dogs. American journal of veterinary research. 80(4), 410-415.
- Darden, J. E., Scott, E. M., Arnold, C., Scallan, E. M., Simon, B. T., & Suchodolski, J. S. (2019). Evaluation of the bacterial ocular surface microbiome in clinically normal cats before and after treatment with topical erythromycin.. PLoS ONE. 14(10), e0223859-e0223859.