Our research is concerned with the chemistry of both organic and organometallic polyfunctional Lewis acids. While an important component of our work deals with the synthesis of new examples of such polyfunctional Lewis acids, it is our ultimate intent to harness and utilize the cooperative effects occurring in such systems for the discovery of unusual structures, bonding modes, supramolecules and reactivities. Our research efforts present important ramifications in the domain of molecular recognition, supramolecular materials and catalysis.
- Karimi, M., Borthakur, R., Dorsey, C. L., Chen, C., Lajeune, S., & Gabbaï, F. P. (2020). Bifunctional Carbenium Dications as Metal-Free Catalysts for the Reduction of Oxygen.. JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY. 142(32), 13651-13656.
- Park, G., & Gabbaï, F. P. (2020). Phosphonium Boranes for the Selective Transport of Fluoride Anions across Artificial Phospholipid Membranes. Angewandte Chemie. 132(13), 5336-5340.
- Park, G., & Gabbaï, F. P. (2020). Redox-controlled chalcogen and pnictogen bonding: the case of a sulfonium/stibonium dication as a preanionophore for chloride anion transport. Chemical Science. 11(37), 10107-10112.
- Zhou, B., & Gabbaï, F. P. (2020). Redox-controlled chalcogen-bonding at tellurium: impact on Lewis acidity and chloride anion transport properties. Chemical Science. 11(28), 7495-7500.
- Wilkins, L. C., Kim, Y., Litle, E. D., & Gabbaï, F. P. (2019). Stabilized Carbenium Ions as Latent, Z‐type Ligands. ANGEWANDTE CHEMIE-INTERNATIONAL EDITION. 58(50), 18266-18270.
- Christianson, A. M., & Gabbaï, F. P. (2017). Antimony‐ and Bismuth‐Based Materials and Applications. Main Group Strategies towards Functional Hybrid Materials. (pp. 405-432). John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- Jones, J. S., Pan, B., & Gabbaï, F. P. (2015). Group 15 Metal–Metal Bonds. Molecular Metal-Metal Bonds. (pp. 519-558). Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA.
- Gabbai, F. (2018). Sensing fluoride and cyanide anions in water using cationic main group Lewis acids. ACS National Meeting Book of Abstracts. 256,
- Gabbai, F. (2018). Synthesis and photoreduction of heteronuclear late transtion metal/main group element complexes. ACS National Meeting Book of Abstracts. 256,
- Yang, M., Hirai, M., & Gabbai, F. (2018). Cationic antimony containing compounds as Lewis acid catalysts for transfer hydrogenation reactions. ACS National Meeting Book of Abstracts. 255,
- Pati, N., Yang, M. M., Hirai, M., & Gabbai, F. (2017). Novel cationic antimony containing compounds and their catalytic reactivity in organic reactions. ACS National Meeting Book of Abstracts. 253,
- Yang, M., & Gabbai, F. (2016). Lewis acidic properties of tryarylstibines. ACS National Meeting Book of Abstracts. 251,
- Fellow conferred by Royal Society of Chemistry - (London, United Kingdom) 2013
- Chen, Chang-Hong (2018-08). TRIPTYCENE- AND BIPHENYLENE-BASED BIFUNCTIONAL LEWIS ACIDS AS ANION RECEPTORS. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Sen, Srobona (2017-12). Phosphorus/Antimony and Phosphorus/H-bond Donor Ambiphilic Ligands: Incorporation into Late Transition Metal Complexes and the Reactivity Thereof. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Christianson, Anna Marie (2017-05). Organoantimony and Organophosphorus Compounds for Chemical Sensing: Toward Designed Fluorimetric and Colorimetric Responses. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Hirai, Masato (2016-08). Neutral and Cationic Organoantimony(V) Lewis Acids as Fluoride Receptors and Catalysts. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Palit, Chandra Mouli (2016-08). Novel Pincer Complexes of Transition Metals for Reduction of Carbon Dioxide to Carbon Monoxide and Cross Coupling of Aryl Halides. (Doctoral Dissertation)