education and training
- Jeong, J. Y., Crompton, J. L., & Hyun, S. S. (2019). What makes you select a higher price option? Price–quality heuristics, cultures, and travel group compositions. International Journal of Tourism Research. 21(1), 1-10.
- Narayan, D. S., Traber, G. L., Figueira, E., Pirbhai, A., Landau, K., Davis, G., Crompton, J., & Selva, D. (2018). Natural history of primary paediatric optic nerve sheath meningioma: case series and review. British Journal of Ophthalmology. 102(8), 1147-1153.
- Nicholls, S., & Crompton, J. L. (2018). The contribution of scenic views of, and proximity to, lakes and reservoirs to property values. Lakes & Reservoirs Research & Management. 23(1), 63-78.
- Nicholls, S., & Crompton, J. (2018). A Comprehensive Review of the Evidence of the Impact of Surface Water Quality on Property Values. SUSTAINABILITY. 10(2), 500-500.
- Jeong, J. Y., & Crompton, J. L. (2018). Do subjects from high and low context cultures attribute different meanings to tourism services with 9-ending prices?. Tourism Management. 64, 110-118.
- Crompton, J. L. (2016). Pricing Recreation and Park Services: The Science and the Art. Sagamore Publishing.
- Crompton, J. L. (2014). Sponsorship for Sport Managers.
- Howard, D. R., & Crompton, J. L. (2013). Financing Sport.
- Crompton, J. L. (2010). Measuring the Economic Impact of Park and Recreation Services.
- Crompton, J. L. (2009). Financing and Acquiring Park and Recreation Resources. Waveland PressInc.
- Hung, K., & Crompton, J. L. (2006). Exploraton of the aging phenomenon in Hong Kong from a leisure perspective. (P-14), 451-+.
- Kaczynski, A. T., & Crompton, J. L. (2003). A procedure for improving the accuracy of visitor counts at state parks. 317, 313-319.
awards and honors
- Cintron University Professor for Undergraduate Teaching Excellence conferred by Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) - This professorship lasted until 2011. 2009
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Mullins, Daniel L (2018-08). The Role of Availability Cascades in Tourism Decision-Making. (Master's Thesis)
- Jeong, Ji Youn (2017-05). An Empirical Investigation into the Effects of Selected Price Heuristics on Tourists' Purchase Decisions in Three Different Cultures. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Cooksey, Steven Patrick (2011-05). The Effect of Parks on Proximate Home Values in College Station, Texas. (Master's Thesis)
- Walker, Jamie Rae (2008-12). An exploration of the relationship between use of parks and access, park appeal, and communication effectiveness. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Tomas, Stacy Renee (2007-12). The effects of selected visual cues on tourists' perceptions of quality and satisfaction, and on their behavioral intentions. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Recreation, Parks & Tourism Science; 2261 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-2261