As a board certified advanced public health nurse, Dr. Fahrenwald has worked in collaboration with local, state, regional and national organizations and groups to translate research evidence into sustainable programs that support tobacco cessation and prevention, improve access to primary health care, and impact chronic disease prevention and control. She has led or provided consultation to 30 funded research or training projects. Her extensive experience with multiple federal agencies focuses on rural health care access and the needs of underserved populations, especially organ and tissue donation education for American Indians.
- B.S. in Nursing, South Dakota State University - (Brookings, South Dakota, United States)
- M.S. in Nursing, University of Portland - (Portland, Oregon, United States)
- Ph.D. in Nursing, University of Nebraska Medical Center - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)
- Britt, R. K., Britt, B. C., Anderson, J., Fahrenwald, N., & Harming, S. (2020). "Sharing Hope and Healing": A Culturally Tailored Social Media Campaign to Promote Living Kidney Donation and Transplantation Among Native Americans.. Health Promotion Practice. 1524839920974580-152483992097458.
- Fahrenwald, N. L., DeVon, H. A., & James, R. (2019). Council for the Advancement of Nursing Science News. Nursing Outlook. 67(3), 283-285.
- Anderson, J., Britt, R. K., Britt, B. C., Harming, S., & Fahrenwald, N. (2019). Native Americans’ Memorable Conversations About Living Kidney Donation and Transplant. Qualitative Health Research. 30(5), 679-692.
- Conn, V. S., McCarthy, A. M., Cohen, M. Z., Anderson, C. M., Killion, C., DeVon, H. A., ... Anderson, E. A. (2018). Pearls and Pitfalls of Team Science. Western Journal of Nursing Research. 41(6), 920-940.
- Burman, M. E., & Fahrenwald, N. L. (2017). Academic nursing leadership in a rural setting: Different game, same standards. Journal of Professional Nursing. 34(2), 128-133.
- Barkley, S. A., Hughes, T., Fahrenwald, N. L., Larson, A. L., Fjelland, J., Shaver, P., Minton, M., & Mort, J. (2012). Development and Evaluation of a Health Empowerment Program to Improve Depression and Meaning in Life. MEDICINE AND SCIENCE IN SPORTS AND EXERCISE. 44, 326-326.
- Beare, T. M., Binkley, T. L., Fahrenwald, N., & Specker, B. L. (2004). Dietary intake and body composition differences among Hutterite, rural and non-rural populations. FASEB J. 18(4), A550-A551.
- Wosie, K. S., Binkley, T. L., Fahrenwald, N. L., & Specker, B. L. (2000). Comparison of pQCT bone geometry in Hutterite females with high DXA BMD vs. non-Hutterite females.. JOURNAL OF BONE AND MINERAL RESEARCH. 15, S290-S290.
- Wosie, K., Binkley, T., Fahrenwald, N., & Specker, B. (2000). Bone geometry and density in Hutterite females.. FASEB J. 14(4), A39-A39.
- Wosje, K. S., Specker, B. L., Binkley, T. L., & Fahrenwald, N. (1999). High bone mineral density in the Hutterite population.. JOURNAL OF BONE AND MINERAL RESEARCH. 14, S380-S380.