Dr. Parsaei previously served as the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs at Texas A&M University at Qatar as well as professor and chair of the Department of Industrial Engineering at the University of Houston for over nine years. Within the Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE), he was the director of the Engineering Economy Division, senior vice president-at-large (international) and a member of the board of trustees. He is also a fellow of IIE and the American Society for Engineering Education. He has acted as principal or co-principal investigator on projects sponsored by the National Science Foundation, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Qatar National Research Fund and Texas Department of Transportation, among many others.
- Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering, The University of Texas at Arlington - (Arlington, Texas, United States)
- M.S. in Industrial Engineering, Western Michigan University - (Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States)
- Lim, G. J., Cho, J., Bora, S., Biobaku, T., & Parsaei, H. (2018). Models and computational algorithms for maritime risk analysis: a review. ANNALS OF OPERATIONS RESEARCH. 271(2), 765-786.
- Wang, N., Chen, X., Lan, Q., Song, G., Parsaei, H. R., & Ho, S. C. (2017). A Novel Wiki-Based Remote Laboratory Platform for Engineering Education. IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies. 10(3), 331-341.
- Wang, N., Chen, X., Song, G., Lan, Q., & Parsaei, H. R. (2017). Design of a New Mobile-Optimized Remote Laboratory Application Architecture for M-Learning. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 64(3), 2382-2391.
- Biobaku, T., Lim, G. J., Bora, S., Cho, J., & Parsaei, H. (2016). An optimal sonar placement approach for detecting underwater threats under budget limitations. Journal of Transportation Security. 9(1-2), 17-34.
- Parsaei, H. R. (2016). In memory of Dr. G. T. Stevens, Jr., professor and chair emeritus, University of Texas Arlington. Engineering Economist. 61(2), 155-155.
- Garbie, I. H., Parsaei, H. R., & Leep, H. R. (2008). Designing cellular manufacturing for next generation production systems. Collaborative Engineering: Theory and Practice. (pp. 249-281). Springer Us.
- Kamrani, A. K., Parsaei, H. R., & Liles, D. H. (1995). Preface. Manufacturing Research and Technology. Planning, Design, and Analysis of Cellular Manufacturing Systems. (pp. xv-xvi). Elsevier.
- Retnanto, A., Parsaei, H. R., & Parsaei, B. (2019). Capacity Building Through Strengthening Professional Skills in Engineering Graduates. HARMONY SEARCH ALGORITHM. 785, 146-150.
- Vijayaraghavan, V., Kianfar, K., DIng, Y., & Parsaei, H. (2018). An L1-minimization based algorithm to measure the redundancy of state estimators in large sensor systems. 2014 IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (CASE). 2017-August, 424-428.
- Ismail, M., Parsaei, H., & Kakosimos, K. (2017). Incorporating Human Factors in Course Design: Utility of Wearable Technologies. HARMONY SEARCH ALGORITHM. 498, 159-170.
- Ismail, M., Parsaei, H., Guo, B., Kakosimos, K., Dufresne, R., & Alaeddine, N. (2016). Advancing Engineering Education through Technology-Driven Teaching Innovations. 2012 ASEE ANNUAL CONFERENCE. 2016-June,
- Lan, Q., Wang, N., Zhu, J., Chen, X., Song, G., & Parsaei, H. (2016). Develop a Collaborative and Cooperative Remote Experiment. 1024-1032.