Dr. Parsaei previously served as the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs at Texas A&M University at Qatar as well as professor and chair of the Department of Industrial Engineering at the University of Houston for over nine years. Within the Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers (IISE), he was the director of the Engineering Economy Divisions of IISE and ASEE and the IISE senior vice president-at-large (international), and a member of the board of trustees. He is a fellow of the Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers (IISE), American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE), Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME), and Industrial Engineering and Operations Management Society International (IEOM). He currently serves as the President of the IEOM (2021-2023). He has acted as principal or co-principal investigator on projects sponsored by the National Science Foundation, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, US Department of Defense, Qatar National Research Fund, and Texas Department of Transportation, among many others.
- Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering, The University of Texas at Arlington - (Arlington, Texas, United States)
- M.S. in Industrial Engineering, Western Michigan University - (Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States)
- Davahli, M. R., Karwowski, W., Fiok, K., Wan, T., & Parsaei, H. R. (2021). Controlling Safety of Artificial Intelligence-Based Systems in Healthcare. Symmetry. (1), 102-102.
- Lim, G. J., Cho, J., Bora, S., Biobaku, T., & Parsaei, H. (2018). Models and computational algorithms for maritime risk analysis: a review. Annals of Operations Research. 271(2), 765-786.
- Taylan, O., Rizwan, A., & Parsaei, H. (2017). Optimization of engineering student learning and assessment by cognitive methods. Engineering Education Letters. 2017(1),
- Wang, N., Chen, X., Song, G., Lan, Q., & Parsaei, H. R. (2017). Design of a New Mobile-Optimized Remote Laboratory Application Architecture for M-Learning. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 64(3), 2382-2391.
- Wang, N., Chen, X., Lan, Q., Song, G., Parsaei, H. R., & Ho, S. (2017). A Novel Wiki-Based Remote Laboratory Platform for Engineering Education. IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies. 10(3), 331-341.
- Ismail, M. Y., Parsaei, H. R., & Kakosimos, K. (2019). Augmented reality in engineering instruction. Global Advances in Engineering Education. 165-176. CRC Press.
- Chen, X., Lan, Q., Wang, N., Song, G., & Parsaei, H. R. (2019). RLaaS-Frame. Global Advances in Engineering Education. 139-164. CRC Press.
- Garbie, I. H., Parsaei, H. R., & Leep, H. R. (2008). Designing Cellular Manufacturing for Next Generation Production Systems. Collaborative Engineering. 249-281. Springer US.
- Gad El Mola, K. M., Parsaei, H. R., & Leep, H. R. (2006). Economic Analysis of Rapid Prototyping Systems. Manufacturing Systems Engineering Series. 293-318. Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Yang, Y., Jeon, G., Leep, H. R., & Parsaei, H. R. (2000). A Framework for Part Placement in a Rapid Prototyping Process. Direct Engineering: Toward Intelligent Manufacturing. 325-345. Springer US.
- Retnanto, A., Parsaei, H. R., & Parsaei, B. (2019). Capacity Building Through Strengthening Professional Skills in Engineering Graduates. ADVANCES IN HUMAN FACTORS IN TRAINING, EDUCATION, AND LEARNING SCIENCES. 785, 146-150.
- Vijayaraghavan, V., Kianfar, K., Ding, Y. u., & Parsaei, H. (2018). A Mixed Integer Programming Based Recursive Variance Reduction Method for Reliability Evaluation of Linear Sensor Systems. 2018 IEEE 14th International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (CASE), 2018 IEEE 14th International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (CASE). 00, 836-842.
- Vijayaraghavan, V., Kianfar, K., Ding, Y. u., & Parsaei, H. (2017). An L1-minimization based algorithm to measure the redundancy of state estimators in large sensor systems. 2017 13th IEEE Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (CASE), 2017 13th IEEE Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (CASE 2017). 2017-August, 424-428.
- Ismail, M., Parsaei, H., & Kakosimos, K. (2017). Incorporating Human Factors in Course Design: Utility of Wearable Technologies. ADVANCES IN HUMAN FACTORS, BUSINESS MANAGEMENT, TRAINING AND EDUCATION. 498, 159-170.
- Ismail, M., Parsaei, H., Guo, B., Kakosimos, K., Dufresne, R., & Alaeddine, N. (2016). Advancing Engineering Education through Technology-Driven Teaching Innovations. 2016 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition Proceedings, 2016 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition. 2016-June,