Westhusin, Mark individual record
My laboratory is interested in developing transgenic animal models of disease and novel platforms for the production of biopharmaceuticals. We are currently exploring methods to produce vaccines in the milk of transgenic animals.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Veterinary Physiology, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1986
- M.S. in Veterinary Physiology, Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi - (Corpus Christi, Texas, United States) 1983
- B.S. in Animal Science, Kansas State University - (Manhattan, Kansas, United States) 1980
- Williams, D. K., Pinzon, C., Huggins, S., Pryor, J. H., Falck, A., Herman, F., ... Gaddy, D. (2018). Genetic engineering a large animal model of human hypophosphatasia in sheep. SCIENTIFIC REPORTS. 8(1), 16945.
- Skiles, W. M., Kester, A., Pryor, J. H., Westhusin, M. E., Golding, M. C., & Long, C. R. (2018). Oxygen-induced alterations in the expression of chromatin modifying enzymes and the transcriptional regulation of imprinted genes. GENE EXPRESSION PATTERNS. 28, 1-11.
- Golding, M. C., Snyder, M., Williamson, G. L., Veazey, K. J., Peoples, M., Pryor, J. H., Westhusin, M. E., & Long, C. R. (2015). Histone-lysine N-methyltransferase SETDB1 is required for development of the bovine blastocyst. THERIOGENOLOGY. 84(8), 1411-1422.
- Long, C. R., Westhusin, M. E., & Golding, M. C. (2014). Reshaping the transcriptional frontier: Epigenetics and somatic cell nuclear transfer. Mol Reprod Dev. 81(2), 183-193.
- Cornetta, K., Tessanne, K., Long, C., Yao, J., Satterfield, C., & Westhusin, M. (2013). Transgenic sheep generated by lentiviral vectors: Safety and integration analysis of surrogates and their offspring. Transgenic Res. 22(4), 737-745.
- Williams, D. K., Pinzon, C. A., Huggins, S., Pryor, J. H., Georges, H. M., Hermann, F., ... Suva, L. J. (2018). Genetically Engineering a Sheep Model of Hypophosphatasia. The FASEB Journal. 32(1),
- Williams, D. K., Pryor, J. H., Huggins, S., Georges, H. M., Pinzon, C. A., Hermann, F., ... Suva, L. J. (2017). Genetic engineering a sheep model of Hypophosphatasia.. Journal of Bone and Mineral Research. 32, S397-S397.
- Long, C. R., Golding, M. C., & Westhusin, M. E. (2014). Lentivirus mediated transgenic livestock: applications in biomedical research. Transgenic Res. 23(1), 192-193.
- Romano, J. E., Thompson, J. A., Kraemer, D. C., Westhusin, M. E., Forrest, D. W., & Tomaszweski, M. A. (2006). Early pregnancy diagnosis by palpation per rectum on embryo/fetus viability in dairy cattle. THERIOGENOLOGY. 66(3), 667-667.
- Elhassan, Y. M., Zhang, X., Kramer, D. C., & Westhusin, M. E. (2000). Blastocyst development of in vitro produced morula-stage bovine embryos briefly exposed to Ultraviolet light following Hoechst staining.. Biology of Reproduction. 62, 253-253.
chaired theses and dissertations
- Campbell, Scott Robert (2016-12). Development and Evaluation of an Oral Contraceptive for Wild Pigs. (Master's Thesis)
- Peoples, Michael D 1978- (2010-12). Identification and Characterization of Bovine Pol III Promoters to Express a Short-Hairpin RNA. (Master's Thesis)
- Tessanne, Kimberly J. (2009-12). Development of Transgenic Livestock with Reduced Myostatin Expression Using RNA Interference. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Willingham-Rocky, Lauri A. (2008-12). Evaluation of oocyte competency in bovine and canine species via non-invasive assessment of oocyte quality. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Liu, Jie (2008-05). Recovery and evaluation of somatic cells from ovine and bovine semen for use in nuclear transfer. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Vet Med - Physiology & Pharmacology; 4466 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4466