My research focuses on Genomic Signal Processing (GSP), bioinformatics, and quantitative systems biology, probabilistic graphical models & their application in computational biology, noncoding RNA (ncRNA) prediction, RNA sequence analysis, and network biology & comparative analysis of biological networks.
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, California Institute of Technology - (Pasadena, California, United States) 2007
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, California Institute of Technology - (Pasadena, California, United States) 2002
- B.S.E. in Electrical Engineering, Seoul National University - (Seoul, South Korea) 1998
- Kim, M., Zhang, H., Woloshuk, C., Shim, W., & Yoon, B. (2018). Computational Prediction of Pathogenic Network Modules in Fusarium verticillioides. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics. 15(2), 506-515.
- Jeong, H., Qian, X., & Yoon, B. (2017). CUFID-query: accurate network querying through random walk based network flow estimation. BMC Bioinformatics. 18(Suppl 14), 500.
- Chen, C., Qian, X., & Yoon, B. (2017). Effective computational detection of piRNAs using n-gram models and support vector machine. BMC Bioinformatics. 18(Suppl 14), 517.
- Chen, C., Ghaffari, N., Qian, X., & Yoon, B. (2017). Optimal hybrid sequencing and assembly: Feasibility conditions for accurate genome reconstruction and cost minimization strategy. Computational Biology and Chemistry. 69, 153-163.
- Jeong, H., & Yoon, B. (2017). SEQUOIA: significance enhanced network querying through context-sensitive random walk and minimization of network conductance. BMC SYSTEMS BIOLOGY. 11(Suppl 3), 20.
- Yoon, B., Qian, X., & Kahveci, T. (2017). CNB-MAC'17. 750-750.
- Hilton, A., Hilton, A., Kim, M., Ortiz, C., Woloshuk, C., Yoon, B., & Shim, W. (2016). Computational and functional analyses of MADS-box transcription factor-mediated regulation of fumonisin biosynthesis in Fusarium verticillioides. PHYTOPATHOLOGY. 106(12), 157-158.
- Zhang, H., Zhang, H., Kim, M., Yan, H., Yoon, B., & Shim, W. (2016). Enhancing our understanding of Fusarium maize stalk rot pathogenesis through gene association subnetwork module analyses. PHYTOPATHOLOGY. 106(12), 18-18.
- Yan, H., Zhang, H., Kim, M., Yoon, B., & Shim, W. (2016). Evaluation of Rice Varieties for Resistance for Autumn Decline in Arkansas. PHYTOPATHOLOGY. 106(12), 150-150.
- Shim, W., Kim, M., Zhang, H., Yan, H., Yoon, B., Payne, G., & Woloshuk, C. (2016). Identifying new genetic targets for maize ear rot and mycotoxin control through computational subnetwork module analyses. PHYTOPATHOLOGY. 106(12), 177-177.
- Brookhaven Science Associates - Joint Assignment Agreement awarded by Brookhaven National Laboratory 2019 - 2021
- Khunlertgit, Navadon (2016-12). Improvement of Reproducibility in Cancer Classification Based on Pathway Markers and Subnetwork Markers. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Kim, Mansuck (2016-05). Computational Identification of Functional Modules and Hub Genes Involved in Pathogenicity-Associated or Defense Response on Fusarium Verticillioides-Maize Interactions. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Nikooienejad, Amir (2013-08). Presence / Absence Marker Discovery in RAD Markers for Multiplexed Samples in the Context of Next-Generation Sequencing. (Master's Thesis)
- Sahraeian, Sayed 1983- (2013-05). Probabilistic Approaches in Comparative Analysis of Biological Networks and Sequences. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Su, Junjie (2010-12). Accurate and Reliable Cancer Classi cation Based on Pathway-Markers and Subnetwork-Markers. (Master's Thesis)