- Clinical Assistant Professor, Small Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
Dr. Courtney Baetge received her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine at Texas A&M University in 2003. She then completed a private practice internship before returning to Texas A&M for her veterinary anesthesia residency. She was boarded by the American College of Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia in 2009 and founded the private consulting business of Anesthesia for Animals. Her consulting business has provided several unique opportunities such as teaching in the West Indies, anesthetizing multi-million dollar racehorses and consulting all over the United States. She returned to academia part-time in 2012 and joined the Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences at Texas A&M as a Clinical Assistant Professor then became full-time in 2015. Dr. Baetge provides anesthesia support to clinical and research patients as well as mentoring, rounds and training to students, interns and residents on the clinical floor. She also teaches within the Professional Veterinary Curriculum and mentors multiple graduate students. Dr. Baetge has served as a peer reviewer for 3 journals and is on the ACVAA exam committee. She serves as a PI for a clinical trial looking at repeated induction of geriatric patients as well as providing collaborative support for multiple research projects within the College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences. Dr. Baetge also provides continue education within the field of veterinary anesthesia and analgesia at the local and national levels while continuing to provide private consulting through her business.
- Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States), Medical Residency 2009
- D.V.M. in , Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2003
- B.Sc. in Wildlife and Fisheries, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1997
- Baetge, C. L., Smith, L. C., & Azevedo, C. P. (2020). Clinical Heinz Body Anemia in a Cat After Repeat Propofol Administration Case Report. Frontiers in Veterinary Science. 7, 591556.
- Zhao, Q., Zhang, L., Hai, B. o., Wang, J., Baetge, C. L., Deveau, M. A., ... Liu, F. (2020). Transient Activation of the Hedgehog-Gli Pathway Rescues Radiotherapy-Induced Dry Mouth via Recovering Salivary Gland Resident Macrophages. CANCER RESEARCH. 80(24), 5531-5542.
- Deveau, M. A., Sutton, M., Baetge, C., & Diesel, A. B. (2019). A case report of total skin photon radiation therapy for cutaneous epitheliotropic lymphoma in a dog. BMC Veterinary Research. 15(1), 407.
- Simon, B. T., Scallan, E. M., Baetge, C. L., Coursey, C. D., & Lizarraga, I. (2019). The antinociceptive effects of intravenous administration of three doses of butorphanol tartrate or naloxone hydrochloride following hydromorphone hydrochloride to healthy conscious cats. Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia. 46(4), 538-547.
- Baetge, C., Cummings, K. J., & Deveau, M. (2018). Reduced risk of pneumonia after changes in anesthetic procedures for dogs receiving repeated anesthesia for radiation treatment. Veterinary Radiology & Ultrasound. 60(2), 241-245.
- Anesthetic Concerns in the Geriatric The Capsule Report for Veterinarians January 1, 2016
- Addressing Anesthesia Concerns in Senior Dogs AKC Canine Health Foundation October 14, 2014
- Pet Connection Vet News March 10, 2014
- New products, information help vets and pets Charlotte Florida Weekly March 6, 2014
- Electronic Consultation: A Tool To Increase Pets’ Standard Of Care Veterinary Practice News January 9, 2012