Odom, Summer individual record
As an Associate Professor, I teach undergraduate and graduate courses at Texas A&M, conduct research related to college student leadership development, and engage in service activities at the university, state, and national levels.
education and training
- Ph.D. in Educational Human Resource Development, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2010
- M.A. in Agricultural Education, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2001
- B.S. in Food Science & Technology, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1999
- Dunn, A., Odom, S., Moore, L., & Rotter, C. (2016). Leadership Mindsets of First-Year Undergraduate Students: An Assessment of a Leadership-Themed Living Learning Community. The Journal of Leadership Education. 15(3), 151-169.
- Murphrey, T., Odom, S., & Sledd, J. (2016). An Examination of University Agricultural Education Faculty Attitudes toward the Implementation of High Impact Learning Experiences. Journal of Agricultural Education. 57(3), 162-179.
- Burbank, .., Odom, .., & Sandlin, .. (2015). A Content Analysis of Undergraduate Students' Perceived Reasons for Changes in Personal Leadership Behaviors. The Journal of Leadership Education. 14(2),
- Odom, .., Ho, .., & Moore, .. (2015). An Examination of the Outcomes of the Undergraduate Leadership Teaching Assistant (ULTA) Experience as a High-Impact Practice in Leadership Education. The Journal of Leadership Education. 14(2),
- Ho, .., & Odom, .. (2015). Mindsets of Leadership Education Undergraduates: An Approach to Program Assessment. The Journal of Leadership Education. 13(3), 92-106.
- Sandlin, M. R., & Odom, S. F. (2014). Educating Students through Service Learning and Civic Engagement Projects. HORTSCIENCE. 49(9), S27-S27.
- Sandlin, M. R., Odom, S. F., Lindner, J. R., & Dooley, K. E. (2012). Developing a global leadership perspective through the use of student‐created reusable learning objects. Journal of Leadership Studies. 6(1), 79-84.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Stein, Megan Rebecca (2018-12). A Qualitative Evaluation of Student Leadership Learning Outcomes from Study Abroad and the Clifton StrengthsFinder Assessment. (Master's Thesis)
- Hirsch, Kelsey Helen (2016-12). The Impact of Peer Mentoring on Development of the Five Practices of Exemplary Leaders. (Master's Thesis)
- Burbank, Michael D. (2016-05). Crisis Decision Making: An Examination Of Executive Leadership in a State Forestry Service. (Master's Thesis)
- Mckee, Valerie Lynn (2015-12). A Qualitative Evaluation of the Commissioners Court Leadership Academy. (Master's Thesis)
- Sledd, James Franklin (2015-08). Corn Producers' Perceptions of Trust toward Seed Corporations. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M University; Agricultural Leadership, Education, & Communications; 2116 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-2116