My research focuses on micro sensors, micro actuators and microsystems, micromachined devices for advanced optical and acoustic sensing and imaging, and Micro and nanofabrication technologies.
education and training
- Ph.D. in , University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign - (Urbana, Illinois, United States) 2002
- M.S. in , Tsinghua University - (Beijing, Beijing, China) 1997
- B.S. in , Chongqing University - (Chongqing, China) 1994
- Li, S., Duan, X., & Zou, J. (2021). Micromachined two-axis water-immersible scanning mirror using torsional and bending hinges. 1(04),
- Xu, S., & Zou, J. (2016). Two-axis water-immersible microscanning mirror for scanning optics and acoustic microscopy. 15(4), 045005-045005.
- Cho, Y., Kumar, A., Xu, S., & Zou, J. (2016). Micromachined silicon acoustic delay line with 3D-printed micro linkers and tapered input for improved structural stability and acoustic directivity. 26(10), 105003-105003.
- Chen, P., Hsieh, S., Zou, J., & Chen, C (2014). Selectively dealloyed Ti/TiO 2 network nanostructures for supercapacitor application. 133, 175-178.
- Hu, H. e., Deng, Y., & Zou, J (2013). Microfluidic Smectite-Polymer Nanocomposite Strip Sensor for Aflatoxin Detection. IEEE Sensors Journal. 13(5), 1835-1839.
- Erpelding, T. N., Maslov, K. I., Appleton, C., Margenthaler, J. A., Pashley, M. D., Zou, J., ... Wang, L. V. Clinical Translation of Photoacoustic Tomography. Translational Research in Biophotonics: Four National Cancer Institute Case Studies. 83-157. Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers.
- Duan, X., Wang, D. i., Song, D., & Zou, J. (2021). Device Design and System Integration of a Two-Axis Water-immersible Micro Scanning Mirror (WIMSM) to Enable Dual-modal Optical and Acoustic Communication and Ranging for Underwater Vehicles. 00, 13114-13119.
- Fang, C., Wang, D. i., Song, D., & Zou, J. (2021). Fingertip Pulse-Echo Ultrasound and Optoacoustic Dual-Modal and Dual Sensing Mechanisms Near-Distance Sensor for Ranging and Material Sensing in Robotic Grasping*. 00, 14105-14111.
- Ustun, A. K., & Zou, J. (2021). A new high-frequency photoacoustic sensing probe using silicon acoustic delay lines. 146.
- Fang, C., & Zou, J. (2021). An optically-transparent transducer with a high-NA and wide-bandwidth for photoacoustic microscopy (PAM). 12.
- Duan, X., Song, D., & Zou, J. (2019). Steering Co-centered and Co-directional Optical and Acoustic Beams with a Water-immersible MEMS Scanning Mirror for Underwater Ranging and Communication. 2019 International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 2019 International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA). 00, 6582-6587.
in the news
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Luo, Bingqing (2016-12). Methods and Material Developed beyond Conventional Nanoimprint. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Chang, Cheng-Chung (2014-08). Micromachined Optical and Acoustic Waveguide Systems for Advance Sensing and Imaging Applications. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Chen, Po-Chun (2014-05). Fabrication of Metal/Oxide Nanostructures by Anodization Processes for Biosensor, Drug Delivery and Supercapacitor Applications. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Hu, He 1987- (2012-12). Layer-by-Layer Assembled Smectite-Polymer Nanocomposite Film for Rapid Detection of Low-Concentration Aflatoxins. (Master's Thesis)
- Yapici, Murat K. (2009-08). Development of Micromachined Probes for Bio-Nano Applications. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Electrical Engineering; 3128 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-3128