- Faculty Affiliate, Energy Institute, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES), Division of Research
- TEES Researcher at TAMU-Galveston, TEES Regional Divisions, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES)
- Instructional Assistant Professor, Marine Engineering Technology, Texas A&M University at Galveston
My research interests span the areas of data processing, optimization, and control of electric energy systems. More precisely, I desire to investigate within the topics of data encoding, hierarchical control and integration of microgrids in the electric energy systems. In addition, I am interested to propose innovative algorithms to optimize various performance parameters of the energy system; e.g., optimization of power loss and voltage deviation in the electric energy systems. My most recent work has been in the modeling of energy storage systems and fuel cells.
- Ph.D. in Electrical & Computer Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University - (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States) 2018
- M.Sc. in Electrical Power Engineering, University of Greenwich - (London, United Kingdom) 2011
- B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, University of Engineering and Technology Lahore - (Lahore, Pakistan) 2009
- Abdullah, M., Malik, T. N., Ahmed, A., Nadeem, M. F., Khan, I. A., & Bo, R. (2021). A Novel Hybrid GWO-LS Estimator for Harmonic Estimation Problem in Time Varying Noisy Environment. Energies. 14(9), 2587-2587.
- Tahir, M. U., Anees, M., Khan, H. A., Khan, I., Zaffar, N., & Moaz, T. (2021). Modeling and evaluation of nickel manganese cobalt based Li-ion storage for stationary applications. Journal of Energy Storage. 36, 102346-102346.
- Ashraf, N., Abbas, G., Khan, I., Raza, A., & Ullah, N. (2021). A Transformer-Less Multiconverter Having Output Voltage and Frequency Regulation Characteristics, Employed with Simple Switching Algorithms. Applied Sciences. 11(7), 3075-3075.
- Chankaya, M., Hussain, I., Ahmad, A., Khan, I., & Muyeen, S. M. (2021). Nyström Minimum Kernel Risk-Sensitive Loss Based Seamless Control of Grid-Tied PV-Hybrid Energy Storage System. Energies. 14(5), 1365-1365.
- Rahman, S., Khan, I., Alkhammash, H. I., & Nadeem, M. F. (2021). A Comparison Review on Transmission Mode for Onshore Integration of Offshore Wind Farms: HVDC or HVAC. Electronics. 10(12), 1489-1489.
- Khan, I., Nasir, M., & Qamar, A. (2020). Consensus Based Distributed Optimal Reactive Power Control in Power Distribution Systems. Energy Systems. Handbook of Optimization in Electric Power Distribution Systems. (pp. 57-68). Springer International Publishing.
- Khan, I., Zhang, Y., Xue, H., & Nasir, M. (2019). A Distributed Coordination Framework for Smart Microgrids. Smart Microgrids. (pp. 119-136). Springer International Publishing.
- Moutis, P., Amini, H., Khan, I. A., He, G., Mohammadi, J., Kar, S., & Whitacre, J. (2019). Chapter 10 A Survey of Recent Developments and Requirements for Modern Power System Control. Pathways to a Smarter Power System. (pp. 289-315). Elsevier.
- Tariq, M. Z., Rahman, S., Khan, I. A., & Khan, F. N. (2021). PV Fed Battery and Ultra-Capacitor Based Hybrid Energy Storage for Powering Marine Loads. 00, 1-6.
- Zaman, T., Khan, I., & Ullah, N. (2021). Voltage Stabilization of DC-Link in EVs using DAB Converter based on Higher-Order SMC approach. 00, 215-221.
- Tahir, M. U., Moaz, T., Khan, H. A., Zaffar, N. A., & Khan, I. (2020). Accurate Modeling of Li-ion Cells Applied to LiFePO4 and NMC Chemistries. 00, 1-6.
- Rahman, S., Imteaj, A., Khan, I., & Amini, M. H. (2020). Cascaded Solid State Transformer Structure to Power Fast EV Charging Stations from Medium Voltage Transmission Lines. 2010 Conference Record of the Forty Fourth Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers. 00, 1359-1364.
- Rahman, S., & Khan, I. A. (2020). Investigation of Power Quality Issues in Cold Ironed (Shore Connected) Grid Connected Electric Ships. 2010 Conference Record of the Forty Fourth Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers. 00, 1353-1358.
- Texas A&M Galveston adds green to its blue-economy programs Galveston County The Daily News May 24, 2021
- New Project To Focus On Alternative Energy Sources Texas A&M Today May 13, 2021
- Suez Canal canal blockage a warning call for action Galveston County The Daily News April 9, 2021