My research focuses on industrial organization, empirical microcroeconomics, energy economics, field experiments, and regulation.
education and training
- Hortasu, A., Luco, F., Puller, S. L., & Zhu, D. (2019). Does Strategic Ability Affect Efficiency? Evidence from Electricity Markets. American Economic Review. 109(12), 4302-4342.
- Hortacsu, A., Luco, F., Puller, S. L., & Zhu, D. (2019). Does Strategic Ability Affect Efficiency? Evidence from Electricity Markets. University of Chicago, Becker Friedman Institute for Economics Working Paper. (2019),
- Pellerano, J. A., Price, M. K., Puller, S. L., & Snchez, G. E. (2017). Do Extrinsic Incentives Undermine Social Norms? Evidence from a Field Experiment in Energy Conservation. Environmental and Resource Economics. 67(3), 413-428.
- West, J., Hoekstra, M., Meer, J., & Puller, S. L. (2017). Vehicle miles (not) traveled: Fuel economy requirements, vehicle characteristics, and household driving. Journal of Public Economics. 145, 65-81.
- Hoekstra, M., Puller, S. L., & West, J. (2016). Cash for Corollas: When Stimulus Reduces Spending. American Economic Journal: Applied Economics.
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
- Tang, Xin (2014-12). Essays in Competition and Investment in Electricity Market. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- West, Jeremy (2014-08). Essays on Transportation and Energy Efficiency Policy. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Zhu, Jian-Da (2014-08). Essays on Dynamic Ticket Pricing: Evidence from Major League Baseball Tickets. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Pellerano Guzman, Jose (2013-12). Search Costs in Airline Markets. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Cancho Diez, Cesar (2012-08). Essays on Energy and Regulatory Compliance. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Economics; 4228 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4228