Dr. Wilkerson's research and teaching interests lie at the interface of solid mechanics, material science, and physics. He enjoys working on a range of topics across the length and time scales, from the ultra-fast atomistic mechanisms governing deformation and failure in materials to the evolution of asteroids in our Solar System over billions of years. He is fascinated with understanding and exploiting nonequilibrium phenomena to unravel some of the mysteries of nature and to improve the human condition.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University - (Baltimore, Maryland, United States) 2014
- B.S. in Aerospace Engineering, Summa cum Laude, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 2010
- Rogers, J. A., Mote, A., Mead, P. T., Harrison, K., Lukasik, G. D., Kota, K. R., ... Lacy, T. E. (2022). Hypervelocity impact response of monolithic UHMWPE and HDPE plates. International Journal of Impact Engineering. 161, 104081-104081.
- Ji, Y., Dagro, A. M., Dorgant, G., Starr, D., & Wilkerson, J. W. (2022). A Comparison of Conventional Gel Stiffness Characterization Techniques with Cavitation Rheology. Experimental Mechanics. 62(5), 799-812.
- Rogers, J. A., Bass, N., Mead, P. T., Mote, A., Lukasik, G. D., Intardonato, M., ... Lacy, T. E. (2022). The Texas A&M University Hypervelocity Impact Laboratory: A modern aeroballistic range facility.. Rev Sci Instrum. 93(8), 085106-085106.
- Mallick, D. D., Prameela, S. E., Ozturk, D., Williams, C. L., Kang, M., Valentino, G. M., ... Ramesh, K. T. (2021). Spall strength in alloyed magnesium: A compendium of research efforts from the CMEDE 10-year effort. Mechanics of Materials. 162, 104065-104065.
- Ravaji, B., Datta, S., Foster, C., Lloyd, J. T., Wilkerson, J. W., & Joshi, S. P. (2021). Texture effects and rate-dependent behaviors of notched magnesium bars. Mechanics of Materials. 162, 104042-104042.
- Wilkerson, J. W. (2010). Fatigue study of a nanocomposite laminate. 48th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting Including the New Horizons Forum and Aerospace Exposition.
- Wilkerson, J. W., Zhu, J., & Davis, D. C. (2008). Fatigue of a Nanocomposite Laminate. Volume 12: Mechanics of Solids, Structures and Fluids, ASME 2008 International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition. 12, 251-258.
- Concrete and Composites Experiments and Modeling for Army Applications awarded by Department of Defense 2019 - 2024