Dr. Hyun-Woo Lee is an Assistant Professor in the Sport Management Division. He received his Ph.D. at Florida State University with a certification in Measurement and Statistics. His research interests focus primarily in Human Emotion and Fan Behavior.
As an interdisciplinary researcher, Dr. Lee uses both psychometric and physiological evidences to better understand the sport consumer. His lab will open in 2019, equipped with EEG and eye tracking devices. Dr. Lee's work has been published in major sport management and marketing journals such as Journal of Sport Management, Sport Marketing Quarterly, International Journal of Sports Marketing and Sponsorship, and Journal of Travel Research.
Prior to his academic career, Dr. Lee was a race car driver and marketing manager of the Synchro-G Racing Team in South Korea. As a driver, he made multiple appearances on the podium in national races. As a manager, he attracted sponsors and established the integrated marketing communication solution for the team.
- Ph.D. in Sport Management, Florida State University - (Tallahassee, Florida, United States) 2014
- M.S. in Sports and Leisure Studies, Yonsei University - (Seoul, South Korea) 2010
- B.S. in Sports and Leisure Studies, Yonsei University - (Seoul, South Korea) 2008
- Uhm, J., Lee, H., Han, J., & Kim, D. (2021). Effect of background music and hierarchy-of-effects in watching women's running shoes advertisements. International Journal of Sports Marketing and Sponsorship. ahead-of-print(ahead-of-print),
- Lee, H., Cho, H., Newell, E. M., & Kwon, W. (2020). How multiple identities shape behavioral intention: place and team identification on spectator attendance. International Journal of Sports Marketing and Sponsorship. 21(4), 719-734.
- Lee, H., Cho, H., Lasko, E., Kim, J. W., & Kwon, W. (2020). From knowing the game to enjoying the game: EEG/ERP assessment of emotional processing. International Journal of Sports Marketing and Sponsorship. 21(2), 305-323.
- Uhm, J., Lee, H., & Han, J. (2020). Creating sense of presence in a virtual reality experience: Impact on neurophysiological arousal and attitude towards a winter sport. Sport Management Review. 23(4), 588-600.
- Kim, M., Do Kim, Y., & Lee, H. (2020). It is time to consider athletes’ well-being and performance satisfaction: The roles of authentic leadership and psychological capital. Sport Management Review. 23(5), 964-977.
- Chiu, W., Shin, S., & Lee, H. (2017). Value Co-Creation in Fitness Centers. Shai Rozenes, .., & Yuval Cohen, .. (Eds.), Handbook of Research on Strategic Alliances and Value Co-Creation in the Service Industry. (pp. 415-430). IGI Global.
- Kim, A., Lee, H. W., & Kim, Y. (2014). Sponsorship network portfolio of corporate partners in the National Basketball Association. International Journal of Sport Management and Marketing. 15(5/6), 340-359.