education and training
- Plankey-Videla, N. (2020). Immigration Policy in the Age of Punishment: Detention, Deportation, and Border Control. Contemporary Sociology A Journal of Reviews. 49(3), 246-248.
- Valdez, Z., Plankey-Videla, N., Murga, A. L., Menchaca, A. C., & Barahona, C. (2019). Precarious Entrepreneurship: Day Laborers in the U.S. Southwest. AMERICAN BEHAVIORAL SCIENTIST. 63(2), 225-243.
- Hong, Y. A., Murga, A. L., Plankey-Videla, N., & Chavez, M. J. (2015). HIV/STI risks in Latino day laborers in central Texas: a mixed-method study. Health Psychology and Behavioral Medicine. 3(1), 315-322.
- Plankey-Videla, N. (2015). Still Dancing Together: Women Workers' Mobilization, State Action, and Global Capital. Journal of World-Systems Research. 21(2), 549-560.
- Plankey-Videla, N. (2014). Weaving Transnational Solidarity: From the Catskills to Chiapas and Beyond. Contemporary Sociology A Journal of Reviews. 43(5), 725-727.
- Smith, V. (2018). Sociology of Work: An Encyclopedia. Smith, V. (Eds.), Sociology of Work: An Encyclopedia. (pp. 239-240). Sage Publications, Inc..
- Plankey-Videla, N. (2013). Employee Participation. Sociology of Work: An Encyclopedia. Sage Publications, Inc..
- Videla, N. P. (2006). Gendered Contradictions: Managers and Women Workers in Self-Managed Teams Foot notes. Worker Participation: Current Research and Future Trends. (pp. 85-116). Emerald (MCB UP ).
in the news
- Brazos Interfaith Immigration Network hotline provides COVID-19 Updates in Spanish The Eagle August 15, 2020
- Texas A&M Experts Available For Interviews On ICE Order To International Students Newswise July 8, 2020
- Opinion: Remove the statue of the Confederate General and Texas Ranger Lawrence Sullivan Ross at Texas A&M Houston Chronicle June 15, 2020
- Texas Sheriff Says ICE Blindsided His Rural County With Thursday Joint-Task State, Federal Operation Newsweek February 7, 2020
- DPS confirms multiple people detained by ICE during traffic stops in Grimes County KBTX February 6, 2020
awards and honors
recent teaching activities
chaired theses and dissertations
Texas A&M University; Sociology; 4351 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-4351