My research interests include exposure assessment and health outcomes, asthma in children, pediatric diabetes, children's environmental health, and public health disparities. My research is on the Texas-Mexico border.
education and training
- Sc.D. in Environmental Health Science, Tulane University - (New Orleans, Louisiana, United States) 1993
- M.S.P.H. in Environmental Toxicology and Risk Assessment, Tulane University - (New Orleans, Louisiana, United States) 1989
- M.P.H. in Health Systems Management, Tulane University - (New Orleans, Louisiana, United States) 1989
- M.D. in Medicine, Autonomous University of Yucatan - (Mérida, Mexico) 1983
- Brewis, A., Workman, C., Wutich, A., Jepson, W., Young, S., Adams, E., ... Zinab, H. (2020). Household water insecurity is strongly associated with food insecurity: Evidence from 27 sites in low‐ and middle‐income countries. American Journal of Human Biology. 32(1), e23309.
- John, J., Baek, J., Roh, T., Cabrera-Conner, L., & Carrillo, G. (2020). Regional Disparity in Asthma Prevalence and Distribution of Asthma Education Programs in Texas. Journal of Environmental and Public Health. 2020, 9498124-11.
- Acosta Enríquez, M. E., Uribe Salas, F. J., Baek, J., Sierra Archbold, J. P., & Carrillo, G. (2019). Association between life-style behaviors and health outcomes in Adventist and non-Adventist adolescents in Mexico: a pilot study. BMC public health. 19(1), 1705.
- Young, S. L., Boateng, G. O., Jamaluddine, Z., Miller, J. D., Frongillo, E. A., Neilands, T. B., ... Stoler, J. (2019). The Household Water InSecurity Experiences (HWISE) Scale: development and validation of a household water insecurity measure for low-income and middle-income countries. BMJ GLOBAL HEALTH. 4(5), e001750-e001750.
- Xu, X., Zhang, X., Carrillo, G., Zhong, Y., Kan, H., & Zhang, B. (2019). A systematic assessment of carcinogenicity of chemicals in hydraulic-fracturing fluids and flowback water. ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTION. 251, 128-136.
- Millard, A. V., Graham, M. A., Mier, N., Flores, I., Carrillo, G., & Sanchez, E. R. (2009). Addressing Health Disparities: The Hispanic Perspective. Kosoko-Lasaki, S., Cook, C. T., & O'Brien, R. L. (Eds.), Cultural Proficiency in Addressing Health Disparities. (pp. 183-224). Jones %26 Bartlett Publishers.
- Johnson, N., Pulczinski, J., Rychlik, K., Guo, J., Shi, W., Carrillo-Zuniga, G., ... Zhang, R. (2016). Biomarkers of prenatal exposure to particulate air pollution in US and Chinese populations. ACS Photonics. 252,
- Pulczinski, J., Rychlik, K., Ramani, T., McDonald, T., Carrillo-Zuniga, G., Koehler, K., Zietsman, J., & Johnson, N. (2016). Validation of novel biomarkers of traffic-related ambient air pollution exposure in a susceptible south Texas population. ACS Photonics. 252,
Texas A&M Health Science Center; Environmental And Occupational Health; 1266 TAMUS
College Station, TX 77845