My research focuses on studying ocean circulation and transports; ocean climate and its variability from seasonal to decadal scales; convection near continental margins and ocean interior, deep overflows; interpretation of tracer distributions on mesoscale to global, direct current measurements; development of hydrographic database and online atlas; and Ocean Observing Systems: GOOS, SOOS.
- Ph.D. in Oceanography, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1993
- M.S. in Oceanography, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1990
- B.A. in Oceanography, Buenos Aires Institute of Technology - (Buenos Aires, Argentina) 1985
- Muench, R., Padman, L., Gordon, A., & Orsi, A. (2009). A dense water outflow from the Ross Sea, Antarctica: Mixing and the contribution of tides. JOURNAL OF MARINE SYSTEMS. 77(4), 369-387.
- Orsi, A. H., & Wiederwohl, C. L. (2009). A recount of Ross Sea waters. Deep Sea Research Part II Topical Studies in Oceanography. 56(13-14), 778-795.
- Goosse, H., Lefebvre, W., de Montety, A., Crespin, E., & Orsi, A. H. (2009). Consistent past half-century trends in the atmosphere, the sea ice and the ocean at high southern latitudes. Climate Dynamics. 33(7-8), 999-1016.
- Padman, L., Howard, S. L., Orsi, A. H., & Muench, R. D. (2009). Tides of the northwestern Ross Sea and their impact on dense outflows of Antarctic Bottom Water. Deep Sea Research Part II Topical Studies in Oceanography. 56(13-14), 818-834.
- Gordon, A. L., Orsi, A. H., Muench, R., Huber, B. A., Zambianchi, E., & Visbeck, M. (2009). Western Ross Sea continental slope gravity currents. Deep Sea Research Part II Topical Studies in Oceanography. 56(13-14), 796-817.
- Rintoul, S. R., Church, J., Fahrbach, E., Garcia, M., Gordon, A., King, B., ... Speer, K. (2001). Monitoring and understanding Southern Ocean variability and its impact on climate: a strategy for sustained observations. Koblinsky, C. J., & Smith, N. R. (Eds.), Observing the Oceans in the 21st Century. (pp. 486-508). GODAE Project Office/Bureau of Meteorology.
- Whitworth, T., Orsi, A. H., Kim, S., Nowlin, W. D., & Locarnini, R. A. (1998). Water Masses and Mixing Near the Antarctic Slope Front. Ocean, Ice, and Atmosphere: Interactions at the Antarctic Continental Margin. (pp. 1-27). American Geophysical Union.
- Kim, Yong Sun 1976- (2012-12). Antarctic Circumpolar Current System and its Response to Atmospheric Variability. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Wiederwohl, Christina 1980- (2012-12). The Ross Sea Response to Evolving Ocean-Ice Interactions in a Changing Climate. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Morgan, Benjamin Patrick (2011-08). Analysis of Antarctic Sea Ice Thickness: A Newly Created Database for 2000-2009. (Master's Thesis)
- Stover, Christina Lee (2003-05). A new account of Ross Sea waters: characteristics, volumetrics, and variability. (Master's Thesis)