education and training
- Ph.D. in Entomology, University of Arizona - (Tucson, Arizona, United States) 1998
- M.S. in Biology, Fondation Gandur pour l'Art - (Geneva, Switzerland) 1993
- B.S. in Biology, Fondation Gandur pour l'Art - (Geneva, Switzerland) 1989
- Oh, J. K., Behmer, S. T., Marquess, R., Yegin, C., Scholar, E. A., & Akbulut, M. (2017). Structural, tribological, and mechanical properties of the hind leg joint of a jumping insect: Using katydids to inform bioinspired lubrication systems. Acta Biomaterialia. 62, 284-292.
- Deans, C. A., Behmer, S. T., Fiene, J., & Sword, G. A. (2016). Spatio-Temporal, Genotypic, and Environmental Effects on Plant Soluble Protein and Digestible Carbohydrate Content: Implications for Insect Herbivores with Cotton as an Exemplar. JOURNAL OF CHEMICAL ECOLOGY. 42(11), 1151-1163.
- Deans, C. A., Sword, G. A., & Behmer, S. T. (2016). Nutrition as a neglected factor in insect herbivore susceptibility to Bt toxins. Current Opinion in Insect Science. 15, 97-103.
- Cook, S. C., Eubanks, M. D., Gold, R. E., & Behmer, S. T. (2016). Summer and fall ants have different physiological responses to food macronutrient content. J Insect Physiol. 87, 35-44.
- Zera, A. J., Clark, R., & Behmer, S. (2016). Lipogenesis in a wing-polymorphic cricket: Canalization versus morph-specific plasticity as a function of nutritional heterogeneity. J Insect Physiol. 95, 118-132.
chaired theses and dissertations
- Marquess, Richelle Renee (2016-12). The Role of Food Protein-Carbohydrate Content on Nutrient Regulation Strategies and Wing Morph Determination in the Wing Polymorphic Cricket Gryllus firmus. (Master's Thesis)
- Martin, Angela Michele (2015-08). The Effects of Sterols on Drosophila melanogaster: Physiology and Biochemistry. (Master's Thesis)
- Deans, Carrie Ann (2015-08). The Interaction between Nutrition and Insect Stress Response in a Cotton Model System. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Le Gall, Marion (2014-05). Diet-mixing in a Generalist Herbivore: Trade-offs Between Nutrient and Allelochemical Regulation. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Lenhart, Paul Alvarado (2014-05). Nutrient Niches: an Investigation of Nutritional Ecology in a Generalist Herbivore Community. (Doctoral Dissertation)
Texas A&M University; Entomology; 2475 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-2475