education and training
- Ph.D. in Interdisciplinary Engineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1992
- B.S. in Bioengineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1990
- M.S. in Industrial Engineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States)
- Mehta, R. K., Shortz, A. E., & Benden, M. E. (2016). Standing Up for Learning: A Pilot Investigation on the Neurocognitive Benefits of Stand-Biased School Desks. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 13(1), 0059-59.
- Pickens, A. W., Benden, M. E., Schneider, D. E., & Zhao, H. (2016). Use of Stand-Biased Desks to Reduce Sedentary Time in High School Students: A Pilot Study. International Journal of Child Health and Nutrition. 5(2), 75-78.
- Bellingar, T. A., & Benden, M. E. (2015). New ANSI/BIFMA Standard for Testing of Educational Seating. Ergonomics in Design The Quarterly of Human Factors Applications. 23(2), 23-27.
- Dornhecker, M., Blake, J., Benden, M., Zhao, H., & Wendel, M. (2015). The effect of stand-biased desks on academic engagement: an exploratory study. International Journal of Health Promotion and Education. 53(5), 271-280.
- Benden, M. E., Zhao, H., Jeffrey, C. E., Wendel, M. L., & Blake, J. J. (2014). The Evaluation of the Impact of a Stand-Biased Desk on Energy Expenditure and Physical Activity for Elementary School Students. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 11(9), 9361-9375.
- Pickens, A. W., & Benden, M. E. (2013). Curriculum Development for HF/E Graduate Students. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society. 57(1), 452-456.
- Benden, M. E. (2009). Ergonomic design for the obese office worker.
- Congleton, J. J., & Benden, M. E. (2007). Chair specifications and testing for big & tall seating.
- PHEO600 Principles Of Env/occ Hlth Instructor
- PHEO645 Hlth Safety At Haz Wst Sites Instructor
- PHEO678 Occupational Biomechanics Instructor
- PHEO679 Ergnmcs Of Upper Extremities Instructor
- PHEO681 Eoh Seminar Instructor
- PHEO682 Industrial & System Safety Instructor
- PHEO685 Directed Studies Instructor
- PHEO686 Directed Research Instructor
- PHEO691 Research Instructor
- PHEO695 Doctoral Capstone Instructor
- PHEO791 Doctoral Capstone Instructor
- PHLT445 Applications Of Public Health Instructor
- SENG685 Directed Studies Instructor
- SOPH680 Public Health Capstone Instructor
chaired theses and dissertations
- Sharma, Pankaj Parag (2018-08). Integrating Sit-Stand Desks with Smart Software to Improve Office Worker Health Behaviors. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Schneider, Drew Eric (2016-05). Pilot Study of Stand-Biased Desks to Reduce Sedentary Time in High School Students. (Master's Thesis)
- Kress, Meghan Michelle (2014-05). The Use of Stand-capable Workstations for Reducing Sedentary Time in Office Employees. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Marsalia, Angela (2013-12). Evaluation of Vibrotactile Alert Systems for Supporting Hazard Awareness and Safety of Distracted Pedestrians. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M Health Science Center; Environmental And Occupational Health; 1266 TAMUS
College Station, TX 77845