education and training
- Ph.D. in Interdisciplinary Engineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1992
- B.S. in Bioengineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States) 1990
- M.S. in Industrial Engineering, Texas A&M University - (College Station, Texas, United States)
- Benden, M. E. (2012). Book Review Birgitta Adolfsson and Marilynn S. Arnold. 2012. Behavioral Approaches to Treating Obesity, 2nd edition. Alexandria, VA: American Diabetes Association. $34.95. pp. 231. Paperback. ISBN: 978-1-58040-463-1.. World Medical & Health Policy. 4(3-4), 103-104.
- Miller, K., Benden, M., Pickens, A., Shipp, E., & Zheng, Q. i. (2012). Ergonomics Principles Associated With Laparoscopic Surgeon Injury/Illness. HUMAN FACTORS. 54(6), 1087-1092.
- Smith, M. L., Benden, M. E., & Lee, C. (2012). Promoting Active Communities in a Culture of Distracted Driving. Prev Chronic Dis. 9(1), E31.
- Benden, M. E., Smith, M. L., Henry, M., & Congleton, J. J. (2012). Reviewing Four Decades of Cell Phone Use while Driving Literature (1970-2010): An Emphasis on Texting Behaviors, Parental Perceptions, and Methods of Control. Health Behaviour and Public Health. 2(2), 20-26.
- Blake, J. J., Benden, M. E., & Wendel, M. L. (2012). Using Stand/Sit Workstations in Classrooms: Lessons Learned From a Pilot Study in Texas. Journal of Public Health Management and Practice. 18(5), 412-415.
- Pickens, A. W., & Benden, M. E. (2013). Curriculum development for HF/E graduate students: Lessons learned in an ongoing effort to educate and meet industry demands. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society. 57(1), 452-456.
- Benden, M. E. (2009). Ergonomic design for the obese office worker.
- Congleton, J. J., & Benden, M. E. (2007). Chair specifications and testing for big & tall seating.
chaired theses and dissertations
- Sharma, Pankaj Parag (2018-08). Integrating Sit-Stand Desks with Smart Software to Improve Office Worker Health Behaviors. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Schneider, Drew Eric (2016-05). Pilot Study of Stand-Biased Desks to Reduce Sedentary Time in High School Students. (Master's Thesis)
- Kress, Meghan Michelle (2014-05). The Use of Stand-capable Workstations for Reducing Sedentary Time in Office Employees. (Doctoral Dissertation)
- Marsalia, Angela (2013-12). Evaluation of Vibrotactile Alert Systems for Supporting Hazard Awareness and Safety of Distracted Pedestrians. (Master's Thesis)
Texas A&M Health Science Center; Environmental And Occupational Health; 1266 TAMUS
College Station, TX 77845